How would you feel about going to a friends house, who has children, and their house is really messy?

sheenathefat

Asked by sheenathefat at 12:48 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• i went to a house where it reeked of piss. the floors were spotless .. for the most part and the living conditions were okay. a few unfixed cats and a giant dog. there was a two year old living with mom and grandpa.. I wont go back.

grandpa was cool. th mother of the child did not work.. her dad just paid for everything. i found that to be odd
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 12:51 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• To me it depends on if it's Messy or dirty... to me they aren't the same thing... messy would be lots of clutter and things not put away or not having a place...... dirty would mean nasty dishes, tons of dirty close, garbage and crap all over the place...
    I wouldn't mind a messy house... I wouldn't go to a dirty house.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:57 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Messy with kid stuff, messy with clutter, or down right filthy? I don't do filth but I have to admit when I go into a house and the kids are messier than my own, I feel good. LOL
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 12:59 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Messy as in things scattered around the house or messy as in dirty and nasty, flours haven't been cleaned, ect? If it's just things scattered around I'm fine, but I have a problem going to a house that is just down right dirty.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 1:01 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• i won't go in a house that has dirt and grime all over.. and DEFINITELY not a cluttered house.. my son loves to grab things.. and when he touches things, he likes to put his hands in his mouth. also it would make me feel really uncomfortable being there
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 1:05 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I wouldnt have a prob with it because i know your picking up the same mess all the time.Ive babysat for friend whose house was always spotless to me minus the kitchen being dirty but still i would clean up after the kids & do the dishes when the kids were napping
    mmtosam06

Answer by mmtosam06 at 1:05 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Depends on the mess you are talking about. To me, dirty is a dirty kitchen with dirty dishes from several days, cockroaches, dirty toilets, trash, and the house smells like cockroaches and onions. Toys all over the place and messy kids' rooms, no problem.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:10 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• A "messy" house to me is just cluttered...with crap the kids have drug out strewn all over. I'd feel at home there LMAO. I know my house goes from picked up to trashed in seconds.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 1:28 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I would think, "I'm glad I'm not the only one whose house is trashed." Otherwise it's none of my business.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:14 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Messy= Clutter, daily mess, toys, normal things, I can handle. Dirty & nasty No I can't & I have friends houses I wont go to because of it. I dont mind clutter, & I can understand that as houses get older things go wrong. I got that. But if you never clean, trash is everywhere, dishes are growing things, yea , Im not going & dont expect me too... I refuse to.... Messy I can handle, everyone has a messy home at some point & time no matter how "perfect" it seems.... Messy is okay... DIRTY IS NOT.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 2:58 AM on Aug. 29, 2010