$20.00

Do u think u can feed a family of 6 on $20.00 if u had 2 days before pay day?
my sister said she could..

what would u buy or make that could last a family of 6 for 2 days?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• hamburger helpers,,, cereal and milk.. or depending on what you already have in your fridge.. yea it can def be done you just have to be really creative
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 12:55 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• eggs for breakfast, pb and J for lunch or ramen, and spagetti for dinner...its might suck, but its only for 2 days. Good luck to you.
    sheenathefat

Answer by sheenathefat at 12:56 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• eggs, potatoes, pkg hamburger, spaghetti noodles and sauce, loaf of bread or two, jar of peanut butter, butter
    should be a bit less than 20 bucks- make enough spag to feed everyone for two nights
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:59 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I don't know how well stocked their fridge or pantry is, but I could easily do that for 2 days. I might have to get milk and eggs, but I could feed my family out of food we have. I always have flour, so can make pancakes or waffles. I can make bread if I really need to. Some tuna for sandwiches. But even without all that 2 days on $20 is still do-able.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 1:12 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Yep defiantly :) I have done it before and for a lot longer.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 1:29 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I could. Heck I could probably feed a family of six with what's in my pantry and freezer. Soups are great. Use dried beans and rice, they're cheap. Throw in any frozen veggies and fresh too. Eggs(except that we don't eat eggs) are quick and not too pricey.
    Throw in some nut or seed butter and some whole wheat bread and we're good.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 2:12 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• We have $14 to last us 6 days and we don't have all that much food in the house. Bread and peanut butter go a long way (toast in the morning, sandwiches for lunch), some chicken and rice for dinner.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:17 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Spaghetti and the sauce and the meat... hot dogs and buns and/or BLT's. I have done this before. My family states that we eat tastier meals when we are broke. Otherwise I try to eat organic and all of that kinda stuff. LOL...
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 6:59 AM on Aug. 31, 2010