which is the better cosmetic brand.. Mary kay or Avon....

This is for those who actually used the brands.. what did you think of both.. what was the best/worst product of each?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I personally prefer Avon. I haven't used either in awhile, though, so I couldn't tell you what my favorite or least favorite products of each were.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I only used Avon. Never tried Mary Kay because they are not a certified cruelty free company. At least they weren't as of 5 yrs ago when I was still using Avon. I liked their skin care products. Also the bubble bath and skin so soft.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Mary Kay is better quality. You get what you pay for. If you like Avon, stick with it. If it does the job, why pay more?
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 4:12 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I currently use both. I love the Mary Kay skin care products. Avon is more reasonable priced and their products work just as well for everything else.

tinkerbell76

Answer by tinkerbell76 at 4:28 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Both contain toxins and aren't the greatest but if I have to choose, I will go with Avon in a heart beat. Mary Kay actually has an extremely high level of toxins for cosmetics.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Mary Kay makes me break out. And I love Avon's skincare!! All of the Anew products are great!! And I especially love the thermal cleanser!!
    Anonymous

• Mary Kay...I loved it and was a consultant at one time
    maggie1213

Answer by maggie1213 at 2:15 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I just got done being a Mary Kay consultant and their foundation is the only type that works good on me.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 8:08 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Both companies have very good skin care and makeup products, but as a rule, I would say Avon is considerably more affordable. They also have their products on sale quite often.
    pamb1

Answer by pamb1 at 9:29 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Have you heard of Nicole Miller products. They only contain minerals, no chemicals at all. Let me know if you need more info on that.
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 1:23 AM on Oct. 14, 2008