What kinds of activities do you do with your 2yr old?

MinnieMouse8

Asked by MinnieMouse8 at 1:06 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We do crafts. He paints with brushes and colors and glues things, etc. I'll get a birdhouse or door hanger or something plain wood from the craft store and we'll decorate it. We also do puzzles and work on his ABC's, 123's, colors, shapes, numbers, etc. We go to the park a lot and play Avatar, lol. He loves Avatar: The Last Airbender. We don't watch much TV, but my BIL got me hooked so we catch episodes and we pretend to bend together in the living room. It's probably hilarious to watch. We play t-ball and basketball. We cook a lot too. He really enjoys to help me cook and I try to let him do anything he's able to. He can pour his own milk into his cereal without spilling now! I think it's really helped his coordination. He also helps me clean and enjoys that for some strange reason. I also work on his enunciation with him for at least 20-30 minutes a day with word games. He thinks rhyming is the funniest thing!
    Kisses4Henry

Answer by Kisses4Henry at 1:12 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• What type of activities are you looking for? Art, games, movement? I can give you a big list of ideas.
    sahKids

Answer by sahKids at 1:12 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Singing, playing with musical instruments, reading, like Kisses4Henry lots of crafts, . . . .
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 2:36 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• We do flash cards with the alphabet, read, color, finger paint, singing and dancing, bubbles (his favorite, haha)...

I'm actually looking for new things to do with mine, too, lol.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:33 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• We mostly color, dance, read. She loves to dance so we listen to music alot.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 1:27 PM on Aug. 29, 2010