You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late one more time you get fired. What do you do?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 1:10 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Pets

• Keep walking...but call animal control on my phone. Im sorry, but an animal isnt worth my job.
    sheenathefat

Answer by sheenathefat at 1:11 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I call 911,,,we have an emergency. there is something fighting for its life,,,cant tell what it is at this point. dont know if its a human or a canine,,,whatever it is get here asap! Done deal,,not only did you do a good deed by getting fido out alive, but your converstation with rescue is recorded,,,,,you are a hero! You might be on the front page of the Herald next week! Cut, paste, print
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:15 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I would absolutely stop and rescue the dog. If I called 911, I would stay to ensure they came before the dog drowned completly! If my boss couldn't understand something like that, they aren't a person I want to work for anyway!
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 1:25 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 1:27 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I'm not about to go get myself bitten by a strange dog. I'd call animal control & keep going.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 5:15 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• try and save the dog, take pic on fone if i canto prove its not another story
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:23 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I'd get fired. I couldn't just walk away and let the dog drown.
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 12:52 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I would stop and help the dog. Most all of my pets are rescues and I am a foster home for a rescue too-so in other words I spend all of my free time saving animals anyway. I can't imagine walking away from any living thing that needs help. Knowing me, not only would I get the dog out, I would take it home, get him to a vet and then find him a new loving home. So again...I could NEVER imagine not helping.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 3:17 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• There is No Way i could just walk away- Fired or Not!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 7:38 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I'd save it and take it to work to be checked out by one of the vets that I work with
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 8:26 PM on Aug. 29, 2010