WHAT IS A GOOD GIFT FOR A 7 YR OLD?

SO MY YOUNGEST DAUGHTER IS 7 BUT IN HER MIND SHE IS LIKE A 3-4 YR OLD....WE ARE TRYING TO MAKE CHRISTMAS SUGGESTIONS ALREADY BUT WE ARE SO STUCK ON WHAT WE SHOULD GET HER.
SHE ISNT INTO GIRLY THINGS...QUIET HONESTLY SHE LIKES OUR ONE YR OLDS BABY TOYS. WOULD IT BE WIERED TO GIFT HER THINGS FOR BABIES? WE FEEL BAD BECAUSE THE OTHE OLDER ONES WILL GET AN IPOD NANO AND OTHER COOL THINGS BUT SHE JUST ISNT READY FOR THINGS LIKE THAT OR UNDERSTANDS THOSE KIND OF THINGS. OUR BB BOY HAS TOYS LIKE A LITTLE CAR BUT SHE IS TO BIG FOR THAT AND IT HAS A WIEGHT LIMIT...SHE IS A CHUNKER AT THAT...LOL SHES A SWEET HEART BUT AS I SAID WE DONT KNOW WHAT TO GIFT HER? ANY IDEAS? THANKS LADIES!!

GUDMOMMY86

Asked by GUDMOMMY86 at 1:13 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Holidays

• What about a child's laptop. They have educational games on them. Sears has them and I've seen them at Walmart and Zellers. They cost around $70 or so. Board games like candy land are good.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 2:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Lego sets, a kid's durable digital camera, walkie-talkies, or art supplies. I know around that age I loved to make my own jewelery! It's really fun.. I'd honestly enjoy picking that back up but in a more adult form. Do you think she might enjoy a skateboard? At that age my sister (who was 17 years older than me) gave me one and I loved it! I was too nervous to stand on it down the hill, but I would sit and go down and it was a lot of fun. Mr. Potato Heads might be fun too if you think she might still enjoy it. I know at that age I had a big bucket of parts and me and my best friend would sit and make funny ones while we talked about gossiped about boys and such. They also have things she could use to create toys, like creepy crawlers. My fav toy at that age was one that you hung up a screen, then it flashed a light and it left your shadow on the screen in neon yellow. It was fun to make cool shadows that lasted a min
    Kisses4Henry

Answer by Kisses4Henry at 1:20 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Crafts! Things for making beaded jewelry, coloring books, paints, etc. Baby dolls and their accessories.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 1:22 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• WELL WE HAVE A HUGE CONTAINER OF ALL KINDS OF ART SUPPLIES AND I BELIEVE THREE CONTAINERS OF ALL DIFF TOYS BUT LIKE I WAS SAYING SHE ISNT INTERESTED IN THINGS LIKE THAT...SHE MIGHT TRY IT FOR A FEW SECONDS IF THAT BUT THEN SHE DROPS IT AND RATHER PLAY WITH MY ONE YR OLDS TOYS. SOME OF HIS TOYS ARE THE KID U CAN GET ON BUT SHE IS WAY TO BIG FOR IT...SHE WILL BE 8 BY THE TIME CHRISTMAS COMES AROUND FOR ALL THIS BUT SHE STILL HAS THE MENTALITY OF A 3-4 YR OLD...IT IS REALLY HARD TO CHOOSE THINGS FOR HER ESPECIALLY SINCE SHE HAS A SPEACH PROBLEM AS WELL...ME AND M Y HUBBY DISCUSS ON THIS AND WE BOTH STAY WITH BLANK MINDS...WE JUS FEEL BAD BECAUSE SHE SO BEHIND JUST IN GENERAL WITH THINGS. I REALLY APPRECIATE THE FEED BACK!!!
    GUDMOMMY86

Comment by GUDMOMMY86 (original poster) at 1:28 AM on Aug. 29, 2010