How long did it take you to get pregnant? Any suggestions?

My husband and I have been TTC for 2 months now. I guess we were expecting it would just happen right away...not so much. I am just curious to see how long it took other women to get pregnant. I am 23 years old so you would think I am in my hay day! Also, do you have any suggestions on getting pregnant? Thank you

Nicole_TTC

Asked by Nicole_TTC at 1:42 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• um im 26 just had my first and i tried for 5yrs..good luck
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 1:43 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I was 20 when I started to TTC with my husband. It took us 9 months to get pregnant. I am 23 now and we have been trying for 5 months. In the past we have been tested for fertility and we have sex quite often. The best thing I can tell you is to relax and try not to think about it too much. It can get daunting if it takes longer than expected. Also, don't assume you know when you ovulate without ovulation tests. I've never taken them before, but everyone I know that has and figured out their cycle more has gotten preg pretty quickly. I prefer to just have sex often for my entire cycle and not stress it. The way I look at it, if I were to have used the tests with TTC #1 I would have a diff baby than my perfect little prince.. he's 2 now :-) My obgyn said it's totally normal for 2 people with good fertility to take up to a year. I think the average is 5 or 6 months though. It is surprising it isn't always so easy!
    Kisses4Henry

Answer by Kisses4Henry at 1:48 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I am 23 and it took about 3 months after learning about timing ovulation, length of sperm life, etc but don't stress it. Getting my period became very disappointing and I began to feel like there was something wrong with me and that my body was betraying me so we decided to take a break from the disappointments and the month I did no charting and we didn't "try" we got pregnant.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 2:19 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• you only have less than 20% chance of getting pregnant every month. It takes an average of 6-9 months normally. I tried for 4 years before going to get help and having our daughter. I know it can be frustrating, but really 2 months is nothing. Relax, have sex every other day from when your period ends, and don't worry about it if it takes some time. It will happen when it's supposed to happen. You don't always know who around you might be having trouble getting pregnant, and believe me, they feel that pain twice what you experience every month.
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 2:26 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• it took me 9 months with my first and 6 months with my second
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 2:42 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• It seems like when you're trying to get pregant it takes forever. It took us 9 months. When we stop thinking about it and just enjoy ourself that's when we got pregnant.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 7:31 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Forgot to add...I have a friend who had trouble conceiving. It took her 2 years. What worked for her was...starting on the 8th day of her cycle they would have sex every other day. The next month they started on the 9th day and had sex ever other day. She conceived in two months that way. She also was treated for some sort of bacteria that she tested positive for so was put on antibiotics to clear it up...so that might have been was preventing conception.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:38 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• been ttc for 6 yrs .. gl
    san78

Answer by san78 at 3:45 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Guess I was lucky...with my first (I was 36) I got pregnant on the first try and with my second (I was 3) I got pregnant the 2nd month trying.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:33 AM on Aug. 29, 2010