Have you seen this at walmart?

Tonight I stopped at wal-mart with DH really quick and on the grocery side we saw Emergency food, half an ailse devoted to it! It last for 30 years! It is all in cans like coffee cans, just add water lol. So is wal-mart gearing up for some major event or is this a new fad?

It said for every day, emergency, or party use. DH and I looked at each like WTH is going on here?

3_ring_circus_

Asked by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:53 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Shopping

• I have no idea. I've been to WalMart several times in the past week and I haven't seen anything like that. I'd be interested to know.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 1:55 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• It probably depends in what area you're from. Maybe it is in some places where they have militias who would stock up on that kind of stuff.
    Maybe they are preparing for a zombie attack!
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 1:55 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• ok this is normal when you have a hurricane sitting out in the ocean....this happens all the time on the east coast they are called mre's...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• MRE's are sooo gross, lol! My husband brings them in from the field sometimes...yuck. You also have to figure that 2012 is coming. Remember how many people panicked with the Y2K bullshit?!?! Yea...THE FUTURE OF FORCING PEOPLE TO PANICK!
    sheenathefat

Answer by sheenathefat at 1:59 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• LOL I dont live anywhere near the ocean, no military bases, no scary weather, no threat of hostile takeovers lol. We live in a rural area so we are thinking its for the hunters. I know they are MRE's lol I am married to a former marine. I just found it funny, these things are normally in the camping section and they do have them there as well just smaller packages. The ones we saw tonight were in the grocery section and in bulk packaging like you would find at costco.

I like the zombie attack! I didnt even think of that! lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Comment by 3_ring_circus_ (original poster) at 2:01 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• LOL... I will be sure to tell my sil to keep my brother out of that isle. My brother is a D-day junky. He has right now 10 years worth of food set aside for him family. A lot of it is old army ration. He is a nut and wants to be sure they are prepared for anything. He said it is because when we were kids there was not always a lot of food, so he wants to make sure his kids don't have to go through that.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:01 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Wow weird! I live on the east coast, in the city but the nearest WalMart does not have anything like that, that I have seen anyway. But it has been a few weeks since I have been there.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:11 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• lol that's just too funny. Maybe Walmart is trying to get a lot of sales by giving everyone another Y2K scare.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:20 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• ZOMBIES! OH NOZ! SOMEONE, THROW MRE'S AT THEM, IT WILL MAKE THEM MELT!
    sheenathefat

Answer by sheenathefat at 2:21 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• ROFLOL @ Sheena
    3_ring_circus_

Comment by 3_ring_circus_ (original poster) at 2:24 AM on Aug. 29, 2010