does any one have OCD

how r u dealing with taking care of ur kids and SO?

thenewmum

Asked by thenewmum at 4:02 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Health

• I do, but it's not very bad. I don't wash my hands over and over or anything like that. My OCD has to do with numbers, patterns, and things being "even". It's not that hard to hide from my daughter (don't want her picking it up) and my SO understands.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 4:23 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Mine isnt bad either. it's more of a place for everything, and everything in it's place. You need to be aware of your own behaviors and have the will power to refuse to give in to the impulses to be OCD. Behavior modification. If your one of those OCD hand washers or something of the like, there are several medications out now that help you to not be so obsessive.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:34 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I thought I had OCD over keeping my house clean. I cleaned all the time! But it wasnt until two months ago when I realized my kids are getting older, messes are more prone and I had to calm down and just let them enjoy being young. So I no longer linger behind them and clean as they mess up. I relax and do it little by little and then establish that they are old enough to help with that too. I don't think I am as OCD as I thought I was (never was diagosed or anything), but I do get really aggitated in a cluttered environment...my house is always clean, no matter if childrens toys take up a spot or two on the couch.
    Patrina1981

Answer by Patrina1981 at 5:04 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• You can only do so much in your home, but once they are out in the world it hard to keep those habits. And if we make it look obvious people stare and act as though we are from another planet. Some people have it bad and some have it just alittle.

What kind of OCD do you or family have?
    Anonymous

• i do i cant stand a mess in my house.i always have too have my place clean
    mommyangel785

Answer by mommyangel785 at 9:23 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I have a 15 year old son who is OCD and BiPolar. He is an identical twin, his brother has it also but not to the extent he does! His life is full of constant rituals 24-7, 365. It's never ending and torture for him. As soon as one ritual leaves another takes its place! But intelligent, he is and has been an honor student going on two years now. There is help out there but good doctors are few and far between.
    texaslily2

Answer by texaslily2 at 7:45 PM on Feb. 18, 2009