What did you use to help your teething baby?

I just wanted some ideas about what you guys did to ease the pain for your teething babys? My daughter is drooling and chewing on her own hand like crazy. Plus she is really crabby. I can see a little white spot poking through her gums. And i just feel so bad for the little girl. She seems like she is in alot of pain. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Maddysmom87

Asked by Maddysmom87 at 4:04 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Go to your pharmacy and ask them for "chamomile" (homeopathic globules).

Those are used for diarrhea, earache and teething pain. I got those from my midwife. They helped my daughter a lot.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• freeze your juicejuice and give it to ur baby for a soothing cool treat or use the gerber juice
    kimandjames

Answer by kimandjames at 4:15 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I have used multiple things, and have had some things suggested to me that I have not yet tried. They include:
    *Her teething blanket (a washcloth sized "blanket" that is thick and textured that she loves to chew on.)
    *Wrapping an ice-cube in a washcloth and letting her chew on that.
    *Other various toys that are textured that she could chew on
    *My finger (lol!)

Things I have yet to try:
    *Un-Spiced Jerky
    *The Cob from a piece of corn on the cob. Apparently my co-workers baby loved the buttery corn taste and cut 3 teeth that day chewing on the cob.

CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:23 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I just let my son chew on blankets, washcloths, towels, and anything else he wanted. He has 6 teeth now & we've only had to use Orajel a few times. He use to fall asleep chewing on his blankets. Also don't let her get use to chewing on your finger. After she gets teeth all the way in, it hurts like hell since they don't realize how hard they're biting. I've had plenty of bloody fingers because of that.

bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 5:14 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• In the area of the store that they have oral gels and things...they also have these homeopathic teething tablets... they saved my sanity through the teething stage.
    nostress83

Answer by nostress83 at 6:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• http://www.hylands.com/products/teething.php
    Just found the link to the site that makes the tablets if you are interested. Good luck!
    nostress83

Answer by nostress83 at 6:10 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• wet washcloth my daughter has alastic spoon i would put in freezeer then give it to her when it was cold baby orajel and lots of tlc
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:10 AM on Oct. 11, 2008