does your SO snore? how do you handle it?

my SO snores. It was a bit hard to get used to at first, but now I can't sleep without hearing him snore. Weird I know. But its like white noise to me.

stressedmomma13

Asked by stressedmomma13 at 2:17 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• I asked my Grandma once how she dealt with my Grandpa's horrendous snoring, her reply was "At least when he is keeping me awake, I know he i in MY bed and not someone else's."
    My husband does not snore, but he grinds his teeth and worried the blanket when he is stressed.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:19 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• elbow him in the ribs and make him turn over
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 2:20 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• im not married, but i lived with a guy that did once, and i also found it verry soothing..wheras i remember as a kid i used to hear my dad snore and it pissed me riiiiiight off!! LOL now i sleep with 3 dogs...1 of them snores, and it drives me crazy as well!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:29 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My husband does. It wasn't real bad when we first started living together. I could nudge him and he'd roll over and stop. But as the years went on he got worse and worse to the point I wasn't getting any sleep at night and was very irritable and resentful towards him. We ended up splitting up partly because of that. After 6 weeks he begged to come home and we realized there was no way we could make our marriage work if we kept sharing a room because I wasn't getting any sleep and was miserable. So he started sleeping on the couch. We slept that way for 3 years and it was great. For the first time in 7 years I was actually getting a full night's sleep. I was a much happier person.
    We just moved and started sharing a room together again. So far his snoring hasn't been too bad (must be our mattress or something). If it gets bad again I'll start sleeping on the couch or he will (he refused to take turns with me before).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:42 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• There has been times when I held my DH nose or put a pillow over his face LOL. I'm use to it now but I rather go to sleep before him or else I'll be tossing and turning all night
    kira25

Answer by kira25 at 2:51 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I sleep in another room.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:52 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My hubbys snoring is real bad...got worse has time went by. I found that if I go to bed before him and he waits til Im asleep before coming to bed then I can sleep really well. If for some reason we go to bed at the same time or he goes first.......Im doomed! LOL
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 3:03 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Yes he does. It used to REALLY annoy me, and I would go sleep in another room. Now it doesn't bother me.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 4:16 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I got used to it too, now I miss it if he's not there!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:26 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• If SO is really tired when he goes to be he snores REALLY bad... but I've gotten so used to it that I can't sleep when he's not there.
    LTryon

Answer by LTryon at 8:48 AM on Aug. 29, 2010