she doesn't like tummy time...

Every time I put my dd on her tummy she cries. She might last about 5 minutes and that's if I have myself or toys in front of her to play with. I'm worried she will never like being on her tummy, or worse have trouble learning to crawl. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son hated tummy time too. But at about 4 1/2 months he started rolling himself onto his tummy and he liked it a little better. Now he is almost 6 months and almost crawling. So I would say just leave her there for the 5 minutes a couple a times a day and she should be fine. Also let her lay on your tummy is she likes that bc she is still using the same muscles when she try to lift herself up on you.

fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 4:12 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• She hates her tummy time because it is frustrating for her atm. At least thats how it was for my daughter. I would put her on her belly until she screamed at me, and then would flip her back over and try again a little later (a couple hours). She will like it eventually...Just wait until she screams cause she is on her back, but then screams when you put her on her belly! lol, It takes time, no worries mama!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:18 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• my lil' man HATED tummy time. I was concerned about him having problems crawling too. but i would put him on his tummy for as long as he would stay. then i would pick him up and try it again in a few hours later. now he LOVES tummy time, well its more like tummy, back, side, hes all over the place!! just keep it up, he will eventually get use to it.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:19 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• If she will last only five minutes put her down 3 or 4 times a day. Its reccommended for 20 minutes a day. It does not have to be consecutive.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 5:59 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• My boys will do tummy time better when we put them either on a pillow or on the boppy. See if that helps. Ofcourse they will stay there longer if we are there infront of them playing with them too.
    kristyrea

Answer by kristyrea at 12:17 AM on Oct. 11, 2008