Blood Pressure meds?

I have been on BP meds for a little while. On these meds(labetalol) my BP is usually 110/72 I am pregnant and take my bp regularly at home. Well it was 129/91(took it twice in a row switching arms and was exactly the same)... took it again 3 hours later and was 122/83....I feel fine, no swelling, etc.

I am just wondering is it normal to have a spike on bp meds then bp to go normal or is that something I should ask my doc about on Monday?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Health

• ask your doc on monday. with blood pressure and pregnancy it is always better to be cautious. keep an eye on your hands and feet and vision, if any swelling happens or you start to see sparkly spots, go to the doctor right away.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:50 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• no its normal i had the same thing when preggo except i took two diff meds..if you are worried call ur doc but i would say ur fine
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 2:50 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I would check with your doctor. I find that if I take any type of de-congestion mediation's my bp goes up.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 2:54 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• ALWAYS talk to your Doc about ANYTHING your not sure about when it comes to your health. That"s what you pay him for.
    La_t_da_mom

Answer by La_t_da_mom at 3:00 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Depending what trimester you are in your BP will be slightly higher/lower But I agree always talk to you DR that is what they are for even in the middle of the night. G/L and Congratulations!
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:12 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I agree always call the Dr. better to be on the safe side, for you and the baby.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:55 AM on Aug. 29, 2010