Do you think boys or girls are harder to raise?

I have one of each, boy5 and girl 2 and so far they seem about the same. What do you think?

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 3:15 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• My son was so easy to watch grow up. He never fussed much, played with his friends, and was easy to potty train. My daughter on the other hand was a handful from the moment she arrived. She is stubborn and strong willed. My son does have a temper, but it not very often you see it. While my daughter, when she is on the war path, oh, look out!

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 8:25 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Speaking as a mother of two teenage girls, boys are easier because they don't get PMS.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:05 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I HAVE 1 BOY 2 GIRLS. IN GENERAL I THINK BOYS ARE EASIER. WITH THAT SAID, IT ALSO HAS A LOT TO DO WITH THEIR PERSONALITY, AND THE FRIENDS THEY KEEP WHEN IN THEIR TEEN YEAR ALSO .AS BABIES 1 GIRL WINED MORE, SO IT AGAIN IS THE PERSONALITY
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 4:08 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Depends... boys can be harder when they're little but easier as teens.. girls can be easier when they're little and horrific as teenagers... but every child is an individual.. and I would rather just say they are different rather than one being harder than the other... Little girls tend to be more moody and whiny and little boys can be tougher to potty-train or develop.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 4:09 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• GIRLS
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:46 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Neither. Kids are kids regardless of their gender. This idea that somehow gender over rides all other factors, including the ability to parent well, is crazy. Boy or girl....each child has a unique sense of self and worth. I would never give the impression to a daughter that she was somehow more difficult than her brother to raise because of her gender. The day we can stop asking if girls are harder to raise than boys.....that is the day we do our daughters a huge service by letting them know they are truly equal in all ways.  As a matter of fact, I have seen many boys who were moody and dramatic.  So the idea it is really just a girl thing is irritating.  If parents are even and not dramatic - your child will follow your lead. 

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 6:45 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• To me its all about the personality not the gender.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 9:04 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My parents would say girls, for I was much easier than both of my borthers growing up.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:55 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Boys and girls go through difficult stages throughout childhood. Other factors like personality and circumstances play a big part too. Before I had kids I would have told you that boys are far easier to raise, but after having a boy and a girl I have re-thought everything. Of course, my kids are both under four years old...not been through enough to make a final decision.
    NaturalMomma219

Answer by NaturalMomma219 at 3:06 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Girls are way harder because of thier hormones I would think thats the reason anyway!
    SweetCheeks1622

Answer by SweetCheeks1622 at 2:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2010