i am scared but i want/need to get my tubes tied..

how is it done? anyone get it done after giving birth how did you coop? i hope to deliver vaginally so the thought of an incension is scary - i have also never had any sort of surgery like that before... help me by telling me more about it...

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 3:34 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Health

• I had Essure done 8 months or so after my son was born. It took me that long to find a doctor willing to do it since I was only 21. I choose it over a traditional tubal ligation because it is the FIRST sterilization procedure to have ZERO pregnancies in the clinical trials. Also, if it self reverses I will know because there will be a coil in my underwear, this is not true for a vasectomy or tubal ligation. Plus I had it done in the doctor's office and was back to normal the next day basically.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:12 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I had my tubes tied last year but it wasn't after a delivery. I can't remember much cause I was under medication at the time but once I woke up I was in pain for about a week. Didnt have much of a scar because they went thru my navel. Its worth it if thats what you want.
    kira25

Answer by kira25 at 4:12 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I had my tubes tied. My Doc wouldn't do it when I had my DD, he waited till my uterus returned to normal size (I had a vaginal delivery), about 4 months later. There is no scar that is visible, they went through my belly button. After I had pain for maybe a day but it was bearable, I was breastfeeding so I couldn't take the pain meds. The day after I was back to normal with the exception of doing a few things like vacuuming.......for some reason pushing it around made me have more pain. I am glad that I got it done (I had 3 kids in 3 years and all were conceived while using birth control). The main problem I had after was that my period became heavier and lasted longer. If you get it done make sure that your doctor does not "tie" your tubes........they need to "cut and cauterize" them, that way it has less of a chance of it reversing.

colethky

Answer by colethky at 9:28 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Never had it done, so don't have any info.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:52 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I got the essure done
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 4:16 AM on Aug. 29, 2010