Is this BS?

Michael Enright, the man who attacked a NYC cabbie has been moved to Bellevue Psych ward. Enright, worked on multiple short films concerning PTSD, including a public service announcement on the affliction. In the spring of 2010 he was filming a documentary in Afghanistan of a HS friend who is a US marine.
He was also a member of a group called Intersections International, a New York City based multi-cultural, multi-faith initiative that supports the Ground Zero Mosque.

I must admit I am quite baffled by this person. There are so many kinks it almost sounds made up! How can a person who has shown support of multi-cultures/faiths, go to Afghanistan to come back to try to kill a man based on his religion? I find it incredibly weird that he practically obsessed himself with PTSD... that makes it hard for me to believe he has it. Are the charges going to be lessened, because he has been moved?

Crissy1213

Asked by Crissy1213 at 5:02 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Crissy1213

Comment by Crissy1213 (original poster) at 5:05 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• WTH
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 5:07 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• There's all kinds of crazy, I suspect we have yet to see the end of his drama.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 5:09 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• There is more drama to come. Just watch and see. But ya this is some crazy shit.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:25 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• You got that right rae! I don't know where to begin. I have PTSD and it is no cake walk. I hope this guy does not bring more drama to a situation that should be kept calm. I do not think it is a wise idea to build a mosque so close to a place that is so highly charged.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 7:07 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• PTSD, is a very serious thing... A lot of people cop out to it, but the ones who are truely affected get some serious issues. It is very crazy over there, in Afghan. It is not the normal life people think of over here, well no duh right. I mean it's really different..

Even the cilvilans there are filled with evil spirits (a term i am using IMO)... For example... civilian, a doctor of all people, was there checking on kids and stuff.. he was an Afgahn. (Oh, yea this was my husband deployment...) he was touching a 4 year old boy in ways he should not have been touched!! My husband almost killed him!! Gun to his face and all, then he (hubs) ends up almost getting in trouble because "thats how they do things over there" "its there culture" and they tried to make him apologize..but he refused..

point of the story...a lot of crazy stuff happens over there, stuff that really messes these guys up.... (cont.)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:08 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• from kids throwing rocks at humvees and the soldiers not sure if they are actually rocks... or grenades, to things i dare not mention...

we have no idea what this man saw and experinced over there...

why this is no way a justification for his actions, i am trying to stress the fact PTSD can very serious and lead to horrible outcomes... can you really blame these guys for having the sterotypical views they do at "these" people, given what they may have saw??

I'm with you Joeygoat... it shouldn'tbe built there... It's fueling hate and more.. it's not a matter of religion (even though some crazies are making it that).. there are tons of mosques all over new york, there just shouldn't be one so close to ground zero.... it's a respect issue.....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:14 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• it sounds to me like he has high functioning schizophrenia, or multiple personality disorder.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:49 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• He seems to have attacked the cabbie because the cabbie was anti-mosque and not because he was Muslim.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:04 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

________________________
    No he didn't. They didn't discuss the mosque before he attacked. Why are you putting out this misinformation? "Of course it was for my religion," he said of the incident. But asked if he thought it was related to the mosque debate, he said: "No, we didn't talk about the mosque." That is from rueters. Face it, the cabbie WAS attacked for his religion.

I think a lot of people who struggle with certain issues have a tendency to put themselves around that issue. Like closeted gay people who rant and rave against gay people. He seems to have some sort of instability that made it dangerous to others in his case.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:39 AM on Aug. 29, 2010