so much in pain.. what to do ?? :( adult content

im 38 weeks and 4 days pregnant .. according to my doctor i have even dilated 3cm. so according to her it is any day now. but like all ladies my pregnancy is full of aches and pains. the worst part started 2 days ago. that is when i lie down on my comfy bed. all my vagina part is hurting like anything. i can feel shooting pain going down there. also my inner thighs. and it gets worse when i turn over or shift from one side to another. i have to clasp my hand on my mouth so i don't scream out loud. is this normal ?
i am going to mention this to my doctor on tuesday (have an appointment with her then) but i was wondering if this was normal or not so i could contact her earlier .. please help !!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• There are lots of things going on in your last weeks of pregnancy. Plenty of nerves down there and the baby is pressing on them . When you move around it's like pushing buttons causing shooting pains. Talk to your Dr. They may want to do a stress test on the baby or an ultrasound. to make sure it isn't placenta previa or something else that could be dangerous
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:41 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Yes, that is your cervix dilating and effacing, and the baby settling down further in the birth canal. Definitely sounds like any day to me but I had that pain for about 15 days before actual labor started with my daughter... good luck!!
    Wiifeytype1025

Answer by Wiifeytype1025 at 7:35 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I would call just to see if your doc wants to see you a little sooner. Make sure the pain isnt causing ur bp to go too high. good luck and congrats on the little one!!!
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 9:07 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Yep would call the doctors answering service today and let her know you could be laboring more than you realize. my friend complained of that one day to me and was having the baby by that night. and the whole time she thought she wasnt in labor cause she was having back labor which feels like a dull ache in the begining.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:15 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I would call and let them know but the same thing happened to me and it wasnt even labor i just hurt my pubic bone really bad lol
    ladybugky88

Answer by ladybugky88 at 10:37 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I would put in a call. I felt that same pain in labor. It doesnt hurt to call just in case.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:15 PM on Aug. 29, 2010