Does anyone watch soap operas anymore?

Or "daytime dramas"? I remember, a long long long long long time ago, when everyone used to watch these. Mine were the ones on NBC....Days of our lives, Another World, Santa Barbara....(yes, I know to the youngin's...you've never heard of some of those). The reason I'm asking is because we have a cable channel now that plays ONLY daytime dramas and I SWEAR, the actors are THE SAME, and they look THE SAME!! (Obviously not all of them, but quite a few....I hope I age so well!!!) LOL

DMac08

Asked by DMac08 at 6:56 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Entertainment

• I grew up watching GH (occasionally I would watch Y&R too), but I quit in 2000, lost interest. The storylines were getting stupider and more contrived by the moment. Once in awhile, I'll catch a glimpse on SoapNet and I'll still see the same actors there, some who've been on for 30-40 years and it's like "Wow!" But I think the thing that pisses me off more than anything about soaps is how they are so quick to age kids. Be a toddler one day and 6 months later, they are 16 and pregnant. Lulu Spencer was 3 years old last time I watched and she's now what?? Dangit, why the hurry to age! And they killed off Maxie (or was it Georgie)?? Bleh.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:47 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I have always wanted to watch those shows but I could never follow the story line. I have begun watching TV series on Netflix on line.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 7:01 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• i think alot do, but i think the shows will be all but gone within the next decade. Its phasing out.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:04 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I don't watch much TV, i did like Dexter and have watched Fringe with my kids.
    kerryket

Answer by kerryket at 7:13 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Im 44 and have been watching General Hospital, One life to live and all my children sense I was a kid. Used to watch Ryans Hope too.......now does anyone remember that one lol?
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:15 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I have been watching soaps since I was in middle school. I used to come home and put them on while I did my homework.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 7:29 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• When my dh was little he use to watch Ryans Hope with his sister. That is a fond memory for him. I would watch All My Children if I was a home during the day.
    Crystal750

Answer by Crystal750 at 9:03 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I used to watch "As the world Turns" and "Passions" with my mom when I was home schooled.
    I still catch a few of them. "Days of Our Lives", "As The World Turns" .. and sometimes "Bold and the Beautiful".
    Though I rarely watch them, I still sometimes turn them on for mindless TV.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:08 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I used to watch Young and the Restless when I was a kid, but I haven't watched a soap in years.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:52 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Whenever I have a day off during the week, (& provided everything else is done), I like to relax, eat my lunch & watch my ABC lineup: All My Children, One Life to Live & General Hospital.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:34 AM on Aug. 29, 2010