Whats a cheap and delicious way to feed 40 people?

Next week I am hving a party because my brother is coming in from New york with his family. He is bringing my new niece that I have never met. I went a little over board and invited 40 people, they all confirmed that they are coming! I am screwed. My parties are know for a lot of food and lots of liquer - my signiture drink is the martini-Apple, pomagranit, lemon, watermellon, grapefruit, ext. WIth my trip to the dominican Republic and France - I am running low on funds. Yikes. Whats a cheap and delicious way to feed 40 people?

emilysmom1966

Asked by emilysmom1966 at 7:35 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Pasta and a great home made sauce. A large tossed salad. Two loaves of French bread, sliced and smeared with real butter and grated garlic and sprinkled Parmesan cheese. For dessert, you could bake a pound cake, have a large bowl of strawberries and real whipped cream. Option 2 would be baked chicken breasts, baked potatoes, fresh green beans and Parker house rolls. For this dessert you could make an ice cream cake. Nabisco sells a chocolate cookie for a refrigerator ice cream cake. You make a log shaped cake, with a cookie and some softened ice cream, then just before you serve it you ''frost" it with whipped cream. I would stick with sweet tea or lemonade for either function. Coffee for after. I hope these give you some tips.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 7:44 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Spaghetti, saled and bread sticks.

Answer by louise2 at 7:37 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• cheap, delicious... 40 people??... good luck :) joeys idea sounds yummy!!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:02 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Ok, yes , I will encoporate joey's idea! sounds good !! I like to have a protien as well .
    emilysmom1966

Comment by emilysmom1966 (original poster) at 8:10 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Yes it does sound good. I will use it. I also need appitizers, and a protien.
    emilysmom1966

Comment by emilysmom1966 (original poster) at 8:11 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Grilling out.
    Burgers, hot dogs, and brats can be bought at Save-A-Lot (Or a similar store) in bulk for a really low price. At Walmart you can buy bulk macaroni and potato salad. You can buy cheap bags of chips. And mix a great bowl of punch for cheap. (Even an adult bowl of punch) Grill it all on the grill, which saves cleaning up tons of dishes. You can also do an easy Shells and Cheese (from the box) with added velveeta Cheese for extra creaminess.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:06 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Oh and Fruit Salad can be good.
    JazzlikeMraz

• Lasagna and salad with a few brownies and cookies around. Appeitizers of cheese and crackers with fruit.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 10:28 AM on Aug. 29, 2010