Has anyone tried a wet to dry hair straightener?

It is supposed to be able to straighten your hair no matter if it is wet or dry. How do you like using it?

momoflilangel

Asked by momoflilangel at 7:48 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• It is so damaging but it does straighten the second you get out of the shower
    pinkebabii

Answer by pinkebabii at 7:52 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I agree Girl. It's so damaging. You never want to apply an extremely hot surface to wet hair! I hated selling the Instyler at Christmas time in my salon. I had a very hard time telling people it was a great product. With all the heat we already use on our hair, you might as well just go ahead and shave it all off. All products contain alcohol. That's bad. Heat is bad. It all causes extreme breakage and damage!! Don't do it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:16 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I had one YEARS ago in high school.. it damaged my hair soooo bad. I hated it.

if you want to try a steam product try something like a joico k-pac reconstruction straightener. It steams the hair with a protien treated formula while you straighten your hair. EXPENSE.. but I love mine.

or if you just want to save time try a blow dryer with a concentrator, a little style striaght gel (like paul browns), and a vent brush. Pull hair down in seconds and blow dry with the cuticle of your hair. After that a few swipes with a good ceramic straightning iron is all you may or may not need.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:41 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I had one, used it once and it made my hair super dry. So I only used it when my hair was dry.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:28 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My cousin had one, and I didn't really like it. It took way too long to use.
    rockinmomto2

Answer by rockinmomto2 at 3:47 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Never tried it,.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:46 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My niece had one, she used it once at my house and it just reeked of burnt hair. It's not a good product at all!!
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 11:06 AM on Aug. 30, 2010