Do you let your preschooler play on the computer or another video type game system?

momoflilangel

Asked by momoflilangel at 7:51 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I let him play the Wii when he has earned it same with the computer but it must be educational.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:56 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• not until he was in school and had a getter grip of the concept..about 6
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:59 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• yes. There are a couple of sites that offer good games that help the kids get the grasp of the key board.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:04 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I must say we started letting our kids use the computer at a young age. At first they would sit on my husbands lap and once they got the hang of it they did it on their own. Now a days computers are such a part of their lives and there are many educational games they can play. I think it helps them to start young.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:15 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Yes I do. He plays with his leapster, DS, Wii and educational sites on my computer but never for long periods of time. He plays more of the educational sits on my computer than anything else, but I think in some ways it has helped him especially sites like starfall that helps him with his letter recognition.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 8:29 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I didn't let mine play video game system games, but he is very good on the computer. My Linux system has an entire early learning package. He also used the hooked on phonics system... I originally bought him the Leap Frog Clickstart, which works off of the TV with a keyboard and like 6 games. He is really good with the computer now. He can navigate my Linux and the internet... he enjoys eBay Motors... he is obsessed with RV's.... LOL... he is always searching for a camper!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:08 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• In my classroom we use the computers as a learning center (http://www.starfall.com/ is a great site to let them play on) and we also have several leap pads and a couple of leapsters that I rotate books and games with.  I purchase these items when they are on sale and kids love them.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:17 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My 4yo isn't allowed to use the computer (none of my kids are) but they have a DS that they share (technically it belongs to my 10yo) and the 4yo has her own Dora game for it. She's passed the game hundreds of times but loves to play it and this Lovely Lisa game (it has like dress up and makeup stuff on it...belongs to my 7yo). She plays Wii bowling, too, and is pretty darn good at it. But they only get to play when they've all been behaving which is rare. We usually break the Wii out once a week and the DS comes out once in awhile.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:32 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My 4 yo plays a variety of computer games on different websites. She's become very good at starting up the computer and getting to her game sites by herself. She also has a Leapster 2 she enjoys quite a bit. We also allow Mario Kart on the Wii from time to time.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:34 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• She has a 3 vsmiles one is the baby one with the little bear the other is a vsmile then the portable if she is on the pc she plays nick jr and that it is
    amandaeastman

Answer by amandaeastman at 8:04 PM on Aug. 29, 2010