Who has migrains

Who has migraines and what do you do to treat them\prevent them. I use Imetrex tablets and injections, my DR. also gives me Zomig because I never have enough of the Imetrex to last through the whole month.

greenbeanmoma

Asked by greenbeanmoma at 7:53 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Health

• I don't have Your Grains. ;)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:54 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I have suffered with severe migraines since I was a teenager. Many moons ago. My current neurologist has me on three prevention medications, Primidone, Verapamil and Vitamin B-12. I also get 36 Relpax which is like the Imitrex. I also have lortab 10's, Demerol 100mg, and phenergan for nausea. I am also on a special diet, no chocolate, wine, aged cheese, bacon, salt and more. My doctor and I have been working together long enough that he allows me the medication to kill a nasty migraine at home so I won't clog up an ER unit with a headache.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I take Relpax whenever I feel one coming on.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:10 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I don't but right now my dh is suffering bad from 1 and he hasn't even seen the dr for anything and has had them for yrs he just lays on the couch
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:13 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I have migraines triggered by hormones and fluorescent lights. Excedrin migraine works for me.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:15 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• As soon as you get the early signs of a migraine coming on (I get flashy lights and blind spots when one is on the way), chew a couple Feverfew leaves (I grow it in my garden for this purpose, a small daisy-like flower- tastes bitter, but works like a charm!), or take feverfew capsules from a health food store (I gave a bottle to my brother & he said it worked for him in that form). For most people it will stop the migraine from progressing to the headache stage. Warning: do NOT take Feverfew when you are pregnant, though.
    mamahobbit

Answer by mamahobbit at 8:26 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• This is all very helpful. My dd has had them for a few years she's 18, just starting college.I'm going to pass all of your ideas to her, so thanks.
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 8:41 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I just kinda suffer, I have pretty high tolerance for pain but I usually take a cocktail of Tylenol, Aspirin, Caffeine and an antihistamine.... If I can't catch it in time, nothing helps!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:52 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I have severe throw up migranes. I take a tablet daily called topamax. I took imetrex and ended up in the Hosp. heart ward. If I feel a headache coming on I take excedrin migrane and it usually helps. I know if its a migrane bec it lasts 2 days, but NOT near as bad, I can actually still function, no throwing up.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:42 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Oh thanks guys, I feel for all of you that suffers from migraines . I have tries topamax, all kinds of channel blockers, blood pressure meds, antidepressants , nerve pills, you name it I have tried it. Has anyone ever done the botox for migraines my neuro. mentioned it and it sounded kind of scary.
    greenbeanmoma

Comment by greenbeanmoma (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Aug. 29, 2010