menstrual cramping

i started my period yesterday and take midol for the cramping how long or how many times can i take midol for the really bad cramping? i took one like at 12 or 1 but i woked up 3 hours ago dying of pain :(

Asked by Rosanna21 at 8:10 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Health

• I always take plain Ibuprofen. Read the label it will tell you how much to take.

Answer by louise2 at 8:14 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Midol is really not all that it's cracked up to be. Plus it contains caffeine, which will not help you get the rest you need. Stick to ibuprofen.

Answer by lovinangels at 8:15 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I think Midol and Pamprin work great! I tried Tylenol and something else before but nothing worked better 'for me' than Midol, much better! Read the back.'

Answer by Stefono at 8:16 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• If you read the label it will tell you I always used a heating pad when mine got that bad luckily Ihaven't had to do that in yrs and I would take Midol, tylenol, ibpropren what ever I could

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:16 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I started my period yesterday too .. i'm having horrible cramps and i just take regular ibuprofen. Midol hardly ever works for cramps .. although it did help me with headaches. You can read the label and it will tell you. or search for Midol's website and see if they tell you on there.

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 9:15 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• i use excedrin for mine cause i get so bad of pain in my back and all but the directions should tell you. hope you feel better

Answer by sherryb1273 at 9:40 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I haven't taken it in years., but ibuprofen is good as anything, I've taken 600 mg at a time.

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:38 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My sympathies- I usually use a ES Tylenol, then 2 hrs later Motrin - & keep alternating every 2 hours w/ one then the other- NEVER take either of them back to back after just 2 hours! I also use an Icy Hot back patch since my back also hurts alot at that time. You may also ask your OB-GYN to prescribe a muscle relaxer to have for just that time of the month. Even w/ all that- there are days I just want to curl up in a ball & sleep all day.

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:46 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Midol and Pamprin were useless for my cramps---I took 3 Ibuprofen. But that really didn't help a whole lot either. I am so glad I have been through menopause and don't have to go through the cramps and flooding anymore. OMG.
    Good luck!

Answer by gertie41 at 10:58 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Read the label. Most OT pills are one dose every 4 hours.

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:59 AM on Aug. 29, 2010