WHEN IS BEST AGE FOR GETTING BABYS EARS PIRCED

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When they are old enough to decide that they want them to be pierced, IMO. Piercing your babies ears so that YOU get the pleasure of looking at them and thinking they are cute is just ridiculous.

Then again, that's just my opinion :)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:15 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Well.. i have seen 2months old girls with pierced ears and i was a little shocked.

I live in Germany and asked 3 different pediatricians about it and all 3 of them said they would never do it unless the child is at least 3 years old.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I took my daughter when she was 3 months old.
    Tawana427

Answer by Tawana427 at 4:24 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• mine were done when i turned one i think that is a good age because you rmember the pain and it is easy to keep them clean and you dont have to worry about them playing with their ears and the earring wont fall out and therefore wont close what girl wont want her ears pierced who doesnt have their ears pierced
    mommynbabygirl

Answer by mommynbabygirl at 4:25 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i did my daughters at 3 months as well..they look so cute on lil baby girls!! plus i figured it's be easier to keep clean and she wouldnt be able to fuss around with them..and pull on the and stuff..and i was right! never had any problems..she cried for about 10 seconds once they were done, and that was it!! easy as can be!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:30 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I used to be against having them done before they could make the decision. One day, I started thinking about how jelous I was of the other girls who had their ears done since my dad said I couldn't have them done until I was 13 (thanks to my step-mom I got them done at 8)...about how much it hurt...the infection I got because I kept playing with them, etc. So hubby and I decided to get Chloe's done, she was 6 months old. She barely cried and doesn't play with them. Even my 2 year old knows not to touch them (though it is cute to hear him say "Diva earring pretty", Diva is her nickname).

I've only had 2 problems: she needs the screw back ones because she kept loosing the others and she needs 14 Karat gold or she has a reaction. I solved both by getting her 14 Karat gold screw back studs in her birth stone at Walmart for about $15.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• My sister got her babys ears pierced yesterday.. She was 5 weeks old.
    Anonymous

• I got my daughters ears pierced when she was 4 months old. I do not regret it either.
    BaysMom26

Answer by BaysMom26 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 10, 2008