Is there a penalty for Christians

Who turn others away from God with their actions or words?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 8:24 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I would think think there would only be a penalty if it was intentional.

And therein lies the problem.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:18 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• it depends. Are they turning others away because they are living a worldly wicked lifestyle and living like hypocrites turning others off who might become a Christian? if so, then they will have to answer to God for their unGodly behavior.

If they are turning others away because they are teaching/preaching/sharing the Word of God and others are offended by the truth of God's Word then NO! The Bible teaches us in a case such as that the problem is not with the person towards the Christian, it is the person's problem with God.
    missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 11:46 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• um...probably hell. saying you are a christain and being a christain are two TOTALLY different things. unless this person acknowledges what they have done to displease god and repents, they are not a christain. they are being lead by the devil.
    emilsmama

Answer by emilsmama at 8:57 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• If you're humble and repent no. Unfortunately there many who are very pious and arrogant and can't be told their wrong. Even when the proof is smacked right between the eyes.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 9:45 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• 300 smacks with a wet noodle I believe...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:55 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I don't think there's a punishment, per se, but I do think there might be a reprimand or gentle correction... I do believe everyone will come to see the error in their ways, whatever they may be, so those who find ways to harm others' relationships with God would be included in that...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:00 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Paul spoke of blood guilt. 1 Cor 20:25, 26

1 Timothy 4:16

It was not about turning those away although, it was about representing and talking.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 1:43 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I agree with 'missionarywifey'
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 3:45 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Matthew 18:5-7 (New American Standard Bible)

Matthew 18:5"And whoever receives one such child in My name receives Me;
    6but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.
    Stumbling Blocks
    7"Woe to the world because of its stumbling blocks! For it is inevitable that stumbling blocks come; but woe to that man through whom the stumbling block comes!

Matthew 18:9-11 (New American Standard Bible)9"If your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out and throw it from you It is better for you to enter life with one eye, than to have two eyes and be cast into the fiery hell.10"See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven continually see the face of My Father who is in heaven.11["[a]For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost.]
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:56 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• That is only if it is unrepentant which means they chose to do so and not repent.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:57 PM on Aug. 29, 2010