my baby is now 14month age but still breastfeed,,can you give me tips how to sto it??? adult content

she also not eat milk much

yjk

Asked by yjk at 8:45 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I bf my dd till she was about 22 months old I stopped b/c when I got pregnant it started hurting and I just told her they were broke that they hurt and she cried a little but not too bad and she started drinking milk a couple months later I think that had to do with my older dd never wanting anything but milk though lol
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 8:51 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• If you want to stop then drop 1 feeding per week. The last ones to go should be the bedtime and morning ones since it's easier for *most* babies to adjust that way. If you stop suddenly then you risk breast infection. She does not need cows milk EVER. It's not neccesary with a proper balanced diet.
    You don't have to stop if you dont really want to though. If you are being pressured by friends, family, or doctors but you still want to continue then by all means continue! The World Health Organization recommends nursing until 2 and then as long and mother and child mutually desire.
    TwoSugars

Answer by TwoSugars at 9:22 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Are you wanting to stop or is there some else (family, friends, doctor) pushing you to quit? WHO says to nurse until 2 years and as long after that as is mutually desired by mom and baby. If you are wanting to wean, drop a feeding a week so your body has time to adjust. The other thing I did when weaning my son at 30 months was to reduce the time he was nursing. So we went from normal daytime nurisng sessions being 20 minutes, down to 15, down to 10, down to 5 and then cut out one 5 minute nursing session every 4 days until all that was left was bedtime and first morning.
    kwaverysmom

Answer by kwaverysmom at 9:25 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• If your being pressured to wean, don't listen to them!
    If you are ready to wean, slow is the best, least traumatic way to do so.
    She doesn't NEED cows milk.
    My son nursed till 38 months, and didn't drink milk till after he was 2.

Good luck either way mama! Congrats on 14 months :)
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 9:37 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• You want to wean from the breast to the cup. Try offering cups of breastmilk. Once your baby is drinking from a cup, it'll be easy to stop breastfeeding.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:34 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• let your child self wean, it will happen. just slowly start cutting out feedings. but if you let them self wean that is best. good luck
    xotatiannaxo

Answer by xotatiannaxo at 8:50 AM on Aug. 30, 2010