Want to get some portraits of my babies where should i go

I want a portrait studio that has good prices and that are good with toddlers I have a 14 months old and a 1 month old

Pixiesinlove

Asked by Pixiesinlove at 8:50 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Does the Walmart near you have a protrait studio? They do here. And Sears and JC Penney might have them. You can compare the prices. We used Sears in the past and were happy with the results.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:53 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I go to Flash digital, my girlfriend loves Target photography. Otherwise, you could try calling the nearest Tech school that has photography and see if their students would be interested in doing some pictures. Good for you and good for their portfolio.
    van5

Answer by van5 at 8:54 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I've used Sears, JCPenny, Walmart, Picture People .... and really? The Walmart photos overall have been the best.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 8:55 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• We have a place near us that all of my friends rave about. It's called Portrait Innovations.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:56 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Thanks Ladies I might have do Walmart they do it at my nearest walmart :)
    Thanks again
    Pixiesinlove

Comment by Pixiesinlove (original poster) at 8:57 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I used to work for Olan Mills so I usually always recommend them. But I would honestly say that if you went to Olan Mills, Sears, Target, or JcPenney you would get great pictures. Sure, you will pay more there than at Walmart, but when you look at the pictures you can see why Walmart is cheaper. Because they aren't up to par. If you go to a studio and the photographer isn't willing to get down on the floor and get silly with your kids, then you are in the WRONG studio! Another thing you could do is maybe find a private photographer. Someone who isn't there on the clock and only cares about getting you OUT of the studio instead of getting you the best picture!
    sheena696

Answer by sheena696 at 8:58 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Ask around with some of your friends, see where they go, or like Van5, ask the photography students... Walmart normally does really good. Sears, JCPenny, Target, look through your yellow pages, to see if theirs any local photography studio, also look through facebook. a lot of photographers now have facebook fan pages & run deals.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 9:01 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I've had the best experience with Walmart and JCPenny, Sears was more interested in speed than good photos, and Olan Mills was more interested in selling than in actual photography or customer service.
    Not only are the Walmart photos of equal (or at times superior) quality, the prices are MUCH better (and if you watch the Sunday supplements, there are often coupons)
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 9:05 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I first went to Olan Mills, as that was where my mother took me when I was a child. I found the photographers to be rude, the work to be substandard, the product to be overpriced, and the company to be highly over-rated.

I've never seen a Target with a photography studio so I've never tried there. I've had really good photos and photographers from Walmart, JCPenny, and not-bad photos from Sears. I also had one set of photos from JCPenny that were really not great at all.
    findingharmony

Answer by findingharmony at 9:09 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• i had a horrible experience at target. they have strict time slots and lets face it, with a one year old, which my daughter was at the time, you aren't going to get a whole lot of cooperation. some of the employees didn't have a clue what was going on with the calendar and when photos would arrive. was told they would be there and i made 2 separate trips to pick them up and they weren't there.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 9:30 AM on Aug. 29, 2010