What has kept you with your SO?

What is the thing for you that keep you with your SO when times were difficult? How did you make it through the hard times?

bjane01

Asked by bjane01 at 9:06 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• We've been married 18 yrs, and have a really good marriage, but there's been some hard times. What has gotten us through it is love for each other - even when we don't necessarily like each other. Commitment to each other and our marriage and to working it out. Respect - we don't trash / talk bad about each other to people, etc. We're the ones in the marriage - not family/friends. Our kids are very important to us, and we're all equally important in our family, but there are only 2 people in our marriage - we take time to be with each other, do stuff together, etc. (Even if it's only play a game of cards after the kids go to bed...) We make a point of doing fun stuff with each other - again, even if it's only playing a game or going for a walk or something. We don't use sex as a tool or control method against each other. We communicate with each other. We forgive each other, and when we're wrong, we admit it.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:35 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Love and commitment to one and other and to our relationship, devotion to our shared goals, the fact that we shared goals and values - all of those things helped us tough it out when times were hard.
    He died in April, life isn't the same, he is missed each and every day
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 9:15 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• We've best friends. We've been through a lot of bs together. And we always say that if we could make it through all of that, then we could make it through anything. That and our son.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 9:08 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Our commitment,our friendship,our love.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:15 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• We love and respect each other. And if we planned to just give up instead of working and talking through any problems, we never would have gotten married or stayed together to begin with.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:16 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• The love and respect we have for each other. 38 years worth!

Answer by older at 9:16 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• even though he makes me so mad sometimes I could not picture my life without him. Love has definitely kept us strong through some rough times! now that we have a child it has only strengthened our love b/c we share the most beautiful and precious thing in the world together!!
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 9:18 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Thinking about all the good times, overpowered the bad times.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 9:28 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My love for him, and my love for my family and I like to keep us all together.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 9:07 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Love......without that why would we even bother?
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 9:08 AM on Aug. 29, 2010