How to Start potty training a boy 26 months old?????

I have a son 26 months old he's gone a few times but then it stops for a few weeks again. How do I get the ball rolling and keep it rolling??????

3Guys1Mom

Asked by 3Guys1Mom at 12:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• be consistant!! Keep making him sit on it, get a sticker chart so he can see his progress.
    ohgirl73

Answer by ohgirl73 at 12:59 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I let my boys run around naked all day at home they never once peed anywhere except in the potty.You have to be consistent with it.And give him praise and rewards when he goes in the potty
    ksmommyof4

Answer by ksmommyof4 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Keep him in underwear! That is how I trained all my boys. I put them in underwear and never looked back. But him on the potty every 30 minutes or so. I trained my oldest two at 26 mo and my youngest at 23 mo.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 6:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Be consistent....and patient. I did the no undies at home, undies when we went out and pull-ups for long road trips. Use stickers or whatever for encouragement..try the cheerio in the toilet for him to sink. No worries just keep trying. Good Luck!!
    amybuddy45

Answer by amybuddy45 at 8:08 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• put on a pot backwards before bath and take every 15 minutes to get him in the routine
    sid2007

Answer by sid2007 at 2:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• im with amybuddy45..i worked in a daycare and that is the trick we would use and the boys loved the cheerios because it made it like a game..my best friend is using that trick with her 14 mo old and it is working well for her
    LTLDEB

Answer by LTLDEB at 7:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• He's not quite to the Cheerios stage yet I tried it he tried to go after the cheerios :o)then wants to throw them back in.
    I use to be a pre school teacher years ago and helped train lots and lots of little guys but this is my first time starting out the process. He's a tough nut to crack. Although he doesn't like being soiled he doesn't want to tell me. And if I catch him going he runs and doesn't want to sit on the potty.
    3Guys1Mom

Answer by 3Guys1Mom at 9:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• The 1st year is like a repeat of your 2nd or 3rd year in High school. Keep some of those math formulas. The entrance test that you take, will help you to know if there is any remedial classes to take. These are classes that you take that count, but are usually pass/fail classes that equip you for higher learning. Unfortunatley they cost, but they are also extra help for you to get aquainted with the studies and remember--keep your chin up-your children will attend college most likely because you are! It worked for my kids! I started when the yougest became a kindengartener. I get my Masters degree this Dec! Hang in there!You can do it!
    lawandapam

Answer by lawandapam at 9:55 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• A lot of things can set back the training process. He is a boy and they do like to see daddy do it too-and sometimes it might be grandpa, or a boyfriend. Even if it is your brother, he is most likely to fall short of the mark if he isn't exposed, sorry about the pun, a little to a male role model while they do it. I also had a little book fo rmy boys and we reviewed it occasionally in a fun way, on potty trianing. I also had to be very consistant. A new baby, a cold, an injury, an infection, all of these things can set a child back too.I found also that the more church nurseries, daycares, and babysitters that i had to have, also made a difference. He will get it!Have patience...
    lawandapam

Answer by lawandapam at 9:59 AM on Jun. 24, 2008