Reglan, did it work for you

How long did it take for it to kick in?

Natural76

Asked by Natural76 at 10:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was put on Reglan almost 3 weeks ago and it still has not help. He has had test after test done and been on so many different formula's that it is not funny. He still throws up just as much as before. He does slow down after he had been on it a week and it is back to what it was before. His doctor also has him on Axid. We have started giving him baby food more and more ceral's. He is in the 100O% on his height but only the 55% on his weight. Hope that it works better for you.
    sugarlips50705

Answer by sugarlips50705 at 11:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• my daughter was on reglan twice a day when she was 3 months old. it gave her horrible tremors so the doctor took her right off of it. it really does have alot of side effects. however, the medicine did nothing to help her reflux...at all. the only thing that helped was hypo-allergenic formula with rice cereal in it...and zantac 3 times a day. that was it.
    razberrykisses

Answer by razberrykisses at 12:14 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I have also heard very scary things about Reglan and will not give it to my daughter. However she does need medication for her reflux. She is on Zegerid once a day and it has worked wonders. (We tried Zantac but it did not work.) She is 7 months now and uses Nestle Natural Cultures formula and stage one foods that are non-acidic. (i.e. no bananas, etc.) She loves them but they made her reflux so much worse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• i was given reglan for breastfeeding to increase supply. i got stomach cramps from it that were worse than labor contractions. from the other posts i doubt thats why its being taken. just figured i would add my 2 cents.
    virgo_mom

Answer by virgo_mom at 4:51 AM on Jun. 19, 2008