Hardwood Floor Care

Morning Ladies.... I've been reading lots of posts lately regarding the care of hardwood floors. After answering the steam cleaner question with a question of my own, I looked some stuff up... Whether you have a real hardwood floor or an engineered hardwood floor, please take a moment to read the information at this link, especially the comments left by peeps after the article. While my advice to use just water and vinegar might seem crazy, it is actually the best thing you can do. Murphy's and Orange Glo have issues of their own depending on the type of floor you have and the specific finish that is on it. I was surprised to learn that using a steam cleaners is actually not recommended for certain types of hardwood floors. I sure hope this help some peeps out.

Hardwood Floor Care

WoodWitch

Asked by WoodWitch at 9:38 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I use plain water with about 10 drops of either lemon or orange essential oil. Wash with a rag and dry immediately. My floors look beautiful. I used to use Murphy's Oil soap but the budget being very tight I have switched. It works really well too.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 10:23 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• This is so true!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:41 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• thanks for this info. I needed to know too!
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 10:22 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Ack - my 3 year old distracted me. I wanted to add, I'm going to stick with the water and essential oil. I'm really happy I switched.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 10:25 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Great question! I think I'm going to try the vinegar, water and essential oil on the new (to us) house we're buying. I'll let you know after I've done it. LOL
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 1:46 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• The benefit of the vinegar and essential citrus oils is that they are natural degreasers, it takes off foot prints and the stuff that sticks to those footprints! LOL...
    WoodWitch

Comment by WoodWitch (original poster) at 2:02 PM on Aug. 29, 2010