• In the Spotlight:

What would you consider this?

I believe in reincarnation and that life is all about learning. But I want to learn more about this. Where would I get more info and does anyone else believe this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• My church believes in reincarnation. Our website is www.novus.org. I also just started reading this new book that talks about Jesus' and his teachings on reincarnation. The book is titled "Lost Teachings of Jesus: Missing Texts, Karma and Reincarnation" by Elizabeth Clare Prophet. I just got it at Borders book store.
    Good luck on your search and if you need someone to talk to, I'd love to chat.  angel mini

jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• look into buddhism and daoism and hinduism.. i think hinduism is the big religion on reincarnation and reaching nirvana etc.. idk if i believe in it.. i loved learning about those religions though.. it was just a long time ago i kinda forget some of it lol.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Sounds like Buddhism to me. There is a Buddhist mamas group here on cafemom. Great bunch of gals. You could also do some google searching for info on Buddhism. There are several organizations that offer free online classes on Buddhism. The Hearth Foundation offers free classes that are specifically for mothers.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:55 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Apart from Eastern religions, true Nazarenes (who date back to Jesus) teach reincarnation. See http://www.thenazareneway.com/

Many Universalist Unitarians understand reincarnation, but not all of them -- the same is true of Jews (some are believers, some are not). Spiritism, Kaballists and Gnosticism generally teach reincarnation, as well as Theosophy and Scientology.

But many Reincarnationists are simply freethinkers who follow logic and wisdom rather than established doctrine.

If you click on the question below this one there is a quiz on there that will tell you exactly what religions to look into. Then you could click on the individual faiths and learn more about them.

Good luck with your search Mama!
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 6:28 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• You need to be learning about heaven or hell...not buddhism..
    Anonymous

WHAT?? Who are you to tell her what she should learn about? We ALL need to learn about other faiths so we can respect them and not get caught in hatred and lies. Don't you think anon 8:29

rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 8:31 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Anon ~ Buddhism has amazing philosophies. Maybe you should do some studying yourself and change your way of life.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 9:41 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I believe in Gods Word. I believe inthe ten commandments, I believe that God sent his only begotten son to save us. I believe that there is a God out there and all around us. I don't believe that God would bring you into this world if he had't loved us enough to create us. So, I do believe that God wouldn't of made us if he'd known how rotten some of us arel I don't think that God created people to be gay either. No. I don'tt believe that God made us to be homosexual. If that were the case, then why does he HATE it so BAD that he destroyed two cities for practing it? Sin is sin. Doens't matter how big or how snall.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Thanks for sharing your theological opinion anon. Next time, maybe you could actually do it in a relevent way that addresses the question at hand.

Regarding the OP...

Teachings about reincarnation vary between different religions. Buddhism and Indian religions such as Hinduism, Janism and Sihkism are probably the most well-known religions in which reincarnation plays as central role. Some Neo-Pagan traditions and followers of philosophies/religions such as Gnosticism, Sufism, Taoism and even some Christian groups believe in reincarnation as well. Since belief in reincarnation--the whys hows, etc, differs between them all, the information you find will depend what belief system you are looking into.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 8:30 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Try the beautiful religion Buddhism. Good Luck on your journey!
    Namaste'
    FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 9:33 PM on Oct. 11, 2008