Is it ok to not want sex everyday? my husband doesnt understand I dont want to have sex everyday

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• It is not only okay, it is downright normal. I'd venture eto say that most women do not want sex every day. I rarely want to have sex daily, and it's not unusual for me to go a week without even giving it a second thought. Just keep talking to him about it, and try to find ways to meet his needs for regular affection and intimacy while still keeping your boundaries intact.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:57 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• tell him to get over it i still dont want sex alot and my child is 3 months
    kimandjames

Answer by kimandjames at 5:02 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Men and women are completely different animals when it comes to sex and how we feel about it. You are perfectly normal not to want it constantly. Men, on the other hand, are perfectly normal to want it 24-7. He will need to come to terms with the fact that you are not a man ;o)
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Men have the need of sexual release every 24 hours. The sperm and all that builds up and they need to release it. They're also dumbasses that don't understand that we don't have a penis to dictate our needs. Lol. Luckily I'm a bit of a sex freak so my hubby doesn't whine. Like last night, my hubby had gotten up at 3am for work and workeda LOOOONG shift. At 10pm he wanted sex, I said "Do you WANT it or NEED it?" and he said "I need it!!" lol I ♥ him though.

MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:10 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• If you don't want sex yourself, there's nothing wrong with giving him a hand job or blow job. His needs are met, and you don't have to worry about him attacking you.
    Anonymous

• Answered at 4:10 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 by: MarlyeGirl
    Men have the need of sexual release every 24 hours. The sperm and all that builds up and they need to release it. They're also dumbasses that don't understand that we don't have a penis to dictate our needs. Lol. Luckily I'm a bit of a sex freak so my hubby doesn't whine. Like last night, my hubby had gotten up at 3am for work and workeda LOOOONG shift. At 10pm he wanted sex, I said "Do you WANT it or NEED it?" and he said "I need it!!" lol I ♥ him though.

no they don't. they just want it every day, and that's probly an excuse someone made up, like the whole cheating thing is a gene.
    Anonymous

• uhhh...yea in my book that is PERFECTLY normal! he should totally respect that! If there are kids involved it makes it harder to want everyday! or if you are pregnant....whatever your situation, he needs to be considerate of your feelings!
    Jalisasmommy

Answer by Jalisasmommy at 5:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• HAHA totally normal and totally fine!

Tell your hubby to chill.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 6:06 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Its normal, but make sure you two are on the same page. When you first got together, did you have sex every day? If so, he only wants what he is used to. And if your sex drive has changed, which is fine, you just need to explain that to him. And with kids, jobs, house work, its all understandable. And you need to figure out a number that is ok for both of you. Will he be okay with 2-3 times a week, if not everyday? Would you rather it only be once a week? Let each other know what your expectations are. And if he wants more than you do, let him know what he can do to help get you in the mood. Maybe if he helps with housework or puts the kid(s) to bed, so you can take a bath, whatever would work for you.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 7:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2008