erotic art and porn

When does art, featuring nudes or evocative imagery cross the line into pornography?

Is there a difference between erotic art and porn?

Is it only porn if there's penetration?

-pw-covenant-

Asked by -pw-covenant- at 11:08 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• That depends on the person viewing the art. In my opinion it would be porn if there is penetration.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:12 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• It's all about how it's seen. A topless woman in a men's mag is seen as "dirty" while a topless woman in a medical journal is seen as educational... It's all about HOW people look at it. For me, nudity is nudity and nudity is natural and beautiful... Nothing dirty or taboo about it. Sex, I see the same way... It's only a dirty or taboo thing if you WANT it to be...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:19 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I think that if you can see minge, it's porn.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:25 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I think if theres penetration then its definantly porn!! But wen it cums 2 nudity, well I think its all depending upon the viewer only. Some ppl wud c Playboy as porn, I feel its just art. Some women view their bodies as their canvas and wear full body paint and I think that is fine. I don't feel nude magazines are all bad. Its just wut a person thinks about wen they see them that makes them bad. Nude sculptures can induce the same arousal wen look at by certain ppl.
    SANIASMOM

Answer by SANIASMOM at 12:35 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• In conservative Christian news, they lump it all as pornography (which i do, as well.) I believe it is anything designed to make people stumble into lust.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 4:50 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I think it depends on how it is presented. I see nothing wrong with nudity if it presented tastefully. I mean if a woman is sitting with her legs spread that is pornographic to me, but If it is done tastefully i dont consider it ponographic.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:15 PM on Aug. 31, 2010