Exercising during Pregnancy

I use to exercise a lot before I got pregnant (5days a week) and since I got pregnant it's hard for me to exercise. I'm about 5 1/2 months pregnant and I walk for about 15 min around the block and do a lot of stretching, but think it's not enough. I think I became way too lazy and don't want to have any problems during labor....

How long do you exercise and what type of exercise do you do? Just curious what others are doing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• im 5 1/2 months too and i do the treadmill alot.. or just walking.. same thing.. i used to do the eliptical sp? but i dont anymore because it can mess with your pelvic bone and it will make it hurt more especially because its expanding. but i do some weights too not as much as before, but still do some espcially on my legs.... i try not to run though i dont want to jiggle the baby around lol. ill just walk briskley
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:57 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I did everything while pregnant that I did before except ab exercises. I just lightened the intensity and weights. I ran, used eliptical, bike, swam (swimming feels so good in the 3rd trimester!), ran, lifted weights.... I added some stuff I got from babyfit.com too
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 5:00 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• look up the pelvis thurst it is good for labor and preping for it and your body will tell u if your working to much

the exerciseing ball works wonders also
    kimandjames

Answer by kimandjames at 5:01 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• walk 2 miles a day
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 5:35 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i walked 2.5 miles a day, sometimes twice, and did stretching. swimming too.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 6:48 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i get all the exercise i can handle chasing around a 2 yr old that dont listen and carrying aroung a 9m old all day. i cant handle doing anything else and i really dont have the time.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 6:57 PM on Oct. 10, 2008