is it ok for teens to drink

is it ok for teens to drink (15 to 18)
if they drink only at home with their parents around ~

-pw-covenant-

Asked by -pw-covenant- at 11:10 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• no
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 11:13 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• NO its not ok... Even if they drink with their parents. Parents need to stop trying to be friends and act like parents.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 11:13 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• No
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:13 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Call your local police station and ask them that question.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:13 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My mom always said, "I'd rather you do it with me in the safety of our home and under my attention than at a party and drive around drunk, etc" and I actually AGREE with this. The person is going to drink ANYHOW, so why not allow them to do it in a safe environment where you don't have to worry about them doing something stupid or someone around them slipping something in their drink, etc.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:14 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I don't think so, just because it's illegal. It's only teaching the kids that it's okay to break the law.
    That said, if my kid was going to drink, I'd rather it be done here where I know what's going on rather than somewhere else where she'll get a ride with another drunk kid. I don't see that happening though, since like I said, it's illegal. If the legal drinking age changes, she could drink here, but not until then.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:14 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I'd have to add though that she only did this (As would I) once we were at an older age (17+)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:15 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I've never seen a reason to say no. Is it illegal? Yep. Is it wrong? I don't think so. I think the law is wrong, not the act. IF my teens choose to drink while they are home, I don't have an issue with it. However, our rules are simple, They drink ONLY when they are home, and ONLY when we have their keys. Their friends are NOT to drink unless they are staying the night AND I know their parents... I would much rather them drink under my roof and be open with me about it, than hide it from me, sneak around and end up in a ditch somewhere!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:17 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• No, teens do not make the smartest choices already, add alcohol and it only makes those choices 10 times worse.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:18 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My mom told me I'd rather you drink here at home, and I know you're safe than to have you drinking somewhere else and be in danger. At the time it seemed logical, but as a mom I don't agree with this thinking at all. I would rather my kid know the dangers of alcohol and stay safe. If I were pressed between my kid drinking regardless of location, yes I would agree to it being done in my home. However my kids are 6 and almost 9, I plan on teaching them how risky it is and what could potentially happen. I don't want them drinking while underage even though I did.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:23 AM on Aug. 29, 2010