can having problems going to the bathroom be caused by back problems? Please read

ok 2.5 years ago I had my DD and had an epidural they messed it up and Iwas leaking spinal fluid I couldn't even walk I was in so much pain and I had really bad headaches. I had a blood patch done (which feels like having another epidural). The day after coming home from hospita I had toget another blood patch the fist popped off and I was in pain again. To this day 2.5 years later I have bad everyday headaches, I have a pinched nurve in my neck, and I get lower back pain. And I can't go #2 I have to go for a colonoscopy on the 7th. I am not constipated it isn't hard I just have a hard time passing it I have to drink this one stuff and then by the morning I can go but I have to drink that stuff. Can this be from the epidural or the pinched nurve in my neck?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Health

• I really don't know enough about this to give a good answer, but here's a bump! I hope you get some answers!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:51 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• for those that don't know what a blood patch is. If you are leaking spinal fluid they cannot take the cathiter out of your back until they do the blood patch because it will cause you more leaking and infection. They have to wait 24 hours to do the blood patch so they waited. They took the cathiter out put a new one in and took blood from my arm and put it in my back through the cathiter. I had to lay flatin the bed for 2 hours. Then the day I went to the er they did the same thing so it was like getting an epidural all over again. My tail bone hurt so bad and maybe that is why I can't go I know I tried going but it hurt my tail bone to push so I achually didn't go for 7 days after my DD was born and now I been having problems only it is getting worse. efore I could aventually go now I can't
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Ooowee!! Are you exercising? Are you eating high fiber foods? Do you drink lots of water all day? Some nice gentle twists after warming up your spine like in yoga may help it along or even just walking. Yoga may also help you relax your entire body. Reduce the processed foods you eat and like sugar and find more vegetarian type meals. Then drink water all day. I had epidurals and it was not fun.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:52 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• momforhealth

I have tried to, but everytime I do it makes my headaches even worse. That is one thing I need to start doing is eating high fiber foods. I have been lately drinking lots of water.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• oh dear, I'm so sorry you are experiencing these problems. I'm going to guess that the headaches are more likely related to the epidural and pinched nerve. The trouble with BMs could be any number of things, including childbirth....but that is NOT likely. I'm glad you are going for the colonoscopy to check it out.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 1:24 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• The trouble with BMs could be any number of things, including childbirth....but that is NOT likely. I'm glad you are going for the colonoscopy to check it out.

Why do you think it is unlikly???
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:22 PM on Aug. 29, 2010