How did you know your dh was the one you wanted to marry?

How long into the relationship? and how did you know?...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• We got married so that my DH had control over any medical choices that came up during childbirth. But I knew he was the one I was going to spend the rest of my life with years before that. It was really a very love at first site kind of thing...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:04 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• he was stationed in hawaii in the marines. so we couldn't physically meet until about a year after we started talking. i just knew. it was assumed on both ends that we were together even though he was so far away, and when he came home on leave, i couldn't imagine myself with anyone else.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:40 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I can't really explain it - we just had this connection - it was about 5 months in and I knew this was the man I wanted to spend my life with.
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 11:45 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I just knew. Something unexplainable happened. We weren't even dating yet, still just going through the courting process so to speak, when I told my boss I was going to marry him. We married after 1 1/2 years together. Got engaged after about 9 months and 9 months later were married. I love him so much and I never thought about ever marring anyone else before him. It was just right with him.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 11:46 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• It didn't take me very long to realise that my dh was the one, I felt more strongly about him than I ever had anyone else, and when we were apart, the next time I could see him was always on my mind =)
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 11:47 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• We were just friends when he asked me to marry him. Like a bolt of lightning, I knew it was the right decision. We've been happily married for eleven years in November, never had one argument.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:51 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My fiance and I knew we were the ones for each other the night that we met....we don't know how we knew....we just did.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:10 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• We were finishing each other's sentences by the time we knew each other for 6 weeks and my cat adored him (she was very protective of me and scratched guys she didn't like.) We went on a huge road trip at about 4 months into our relationship and my aunt, after meeting him, told me that she wanted to be at the wedding. I just knew but didn't realize I wanted to be married until he proposed.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:13 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• When I started dating my husband I just knew after a few weeks I knew he was the one. We married a year and a half after we started dating and have been married 8 yr nows
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 1:23 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I knew the week we started dating. He is everything I want in a man and he loves me and my son
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 3:18 PM on Aug. 29, 2010