Do you let your kids jump on the bed?

Kyra loves bed jumping. I don't let her in her room, or when she's alone. But when she's in my room while I'm putting away clothes or getting dressed, she gets on the middle and jumps a bit.
Do you let them while you're watching, or whenever, or is it a never type of thing in your house?
I should add, that she knows the rules, follows the rules, and has yet to break them. I don't see that happening. She knows if she's caught jumping on a bed without permission, she looses the privilege.

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 12:02 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• we have a jumpy house and we camp at the KOA with the jumpy pillows...it really helps with kids teeth (kids used to walk a lot more to help move teeth down..our ortho orders kids to do a walking program 3 months before starting braces).

So ya, they get a few jumps in before I tell them to cool it....
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:07 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My do, with me in the room as well.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:04 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• nope never because that teaches them that it is ok then they will do it when you aren't watching. My 5 year old when she was 2 I was getting ready to go out with DH's aunt and my DD was jumping on the bed in my room I told her to stop she did until I turned back around and started jumping again I told her to stop this time she wouldn't soI turn around to get her off the bed and just as I was about to crab for her she fell off the bed and had a bloody nose and lip I thought she broke her nose it was brused for a coupe days. I never let kids jump on beds it only takes a second for them to fall and get hurt
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:08 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I don't let Shawn jump on the bed, mainly because he tries to jump on every other piece of furniture as well. For me the biggest thing is that jumping on a mattress can ruin it's firmness and springs and for me a comfy nights sleep is important.

However I think if you're ok letting your little one jump up and down under your supervision then there is nothing wrong with that. To each their own I say :)
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 12:04 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I only let my son jump on the bed if Im in the room with him, because when I was a toddler, I was jumping on the bed and fell off and I wound up breaking my collar bone.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 12:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• They can jump on my oldest son's bed, but not mine and not the little one... So yes and no... I see no point in not letting them when they can't break that bed.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• No, I do not. We have a mini trampoline for that.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:11 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Mine did not do that ... we purchased a Trampoline for that..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 12:12 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• When they had all their chores done-including cleaning their rooms-yes,they were allowed to jump on their bed.I had 3 boys with lots of energy.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 12:14 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Only occasionally. Otherwise....he can jump in place. lol
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:22 PM on Aug. 29, 2010