If you could take a class or learn a skill?

What would it be. What class or skill would you love to learn just for the sake of it. Not a class that will further your job or your resume. Just for the fun of it. I have decided I would love to learn basket weaving. Sounds simple enough and fun.

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 12:05 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I'd love to take a cooking class. I love to cook and I think it would be fun.
    Either that or an art class. I am probably the least artistic person you would ever meet and my daughter loves art. I would like to be able to do more than just draw crooked stick figures when were doing art stuff together. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:07 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Seriously, did you know that you can actually take classes online for free!  Although you can't get a degree, you can study in just about anything.  Here is more information:  How to Get an Education Without Going to School.

Don't pay for online classes though!  I was going to take a class from a online study program (paying money) and then I got to searching around and found the same thing online for FREE!  Ugh, after I had already spent about $300.00. 

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:12 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I would love to leard how to knit or crochet. I always wanted to.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:08 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I would love to take up classes how to decorate primitive up homes. I love primitive country stuff....
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 12:09 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• that stand up paddle boards...standing on a surf board and paddle cruising...I am eyeing the inflate able boards (costco sells the hard boards here for 250).

surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:14 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Thanks for the information m-avi. I have also logged onto Yale and they have free classes online. They will tell you what book to buy, if you want to, they are pre recorded so if you have to stop in the middle, you can always go back and re watch the episode. Again, thanks.

Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Any class? That has nothing to do with a career? Well dang, the only thing I really want to go to school for is Photography. Its not just a hobby its a passion, but I guess Id say cooking... eh It can't hurt to become a better cook. Although Hubby says his poor weight can't handle anymore of my cooking.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 12:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I would love to take martial arts classes and guitar lessons.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:50 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Do I have to pick just one? I want to take a CPR class, I'd love to get certified as a Lactation Consultant while I'm in college (no idea how to go about doing that, though), I'd like to learn to quilt and the basket weaving sounds cool to me, too. I'd like to take a painting class, a photography class (I've always liked photography a lot), and I'd like to take either Yoga, Pilates, or martial arts again (my dad was a tae kwon do instructor when I was a kid).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:30 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I would love to take Photography and also I would love to take basic sewing because if you know the basics you can teach yourself the rest :)
    April_5

Answer by April_5 at 7:46 PM on Aug. 29, 2010