This question involves adult content: adult content

What is your opinion on ABORTION?

Do you think that you should be notified if your daughter was trying to have one?

Do you think that a teenage girl is capable of a decision like that on her own i.e. the emotional roller coaster after the abortion?

Would she be able to handle the emotional aspect after the fact?

Would you allow your teenage daughter to have and abortion if she talked to you about it?

Would you be mad if years/weeks/months later you found out that she had, had one?

How would you be supportive to her?

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 12:08 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm pro-life. However, if the mother's life is in danger, I think an abortion is acceptable. The problem I have is with them being used as birth control. I definitely think that parents should be informed any time a medical procedure is performed on someone under 18.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:24 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• What is your opinion on ABORTION? Pro-Choice/Anti-Abortion

Do you think that you should be notified if your daughter was trying to have one? No. It's her body, her choice and Dr/Patient confidenciality should come in to play.

Do you think that a teenage girl is capable of a decision like that on her own i.e. the emotional roller coaster after the abortion? Yes. However I don't think they should HAVE to do it alone. More parents should be supportive.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:15 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Would you be mad if years/weeks/months later you found out that she had, had one? Yes because I would have wanted to be there for her emotionally and physically

How would you be supportive to her? I would have just been there and listened to her wants/needs

mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I think that if they are under "adult age" (18) then they should have to notify their parents/family members.
    If I found out that one of my children had an abortion there isn't anything I could do about it, but I would be dissappointed that tey felt they couldn't talk to me about what was going on. I would try to support them and help them through any hurdles they are facing about the decision. I don't think they can be 100% sure about the decision as they have not experienced giving life to a child and do not know everything about raising a child. I don't either but I could offer her the informatin I have and the support of helping her raise the child if she decided to keep it.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• What is your opinion on ABORTION? I don't believe in themat all. If anything give the baby to someone that can't have a baby although I wouldn't be able to do that either.

Do you think that you should be notified if your daughter was trying to have one? Yes

Do you think that a teenage girl is capable of a decision like that on her own i.e. the emotional roller coaster after the abortion? No

Would she be able to handle the emotional aspect after the fact? No

Would you allow your teenage daughter to have and abortion if she talked to you about it? No

Would you be mad if years/weeks/months later you found out that she had, had one? Yes

How would you be supportive to her? I would talk to her about why she wants to do what she wants to do I would offer to help her out until she got a job
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:14 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Would she be able to handle the emotional aspect after the fact? Yes. I don't know any who couldn't.

Would you allow your teenage daughter to have and abortion if she talked to you about it? Yes, I would make sure she knew all her options and knew that no matter what option she chose she had my support.

Would you be mad if years/weeks/months later you found out that she had, had one? No, I would be hurt that she didn't feel able to come to me in the beginning, but I wouldn't be angry that she didn't. If she honestly felt she couldn't come to me, I must have done something wrong to make her feel that way.

How would you be supportive to her? Of course.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:16 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I believe every women has a right to have an abortion if they want to have too. Parents should be notified  If a girl under 18 wants an abortion.

I think  they might be capleble of making that dession, but are not legaly old enough to do so.  I would alow her to have an abortion if she wanted one

Answer by louise2 at 12:18 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• If as a parent you don't care enough to know or aren't involved in your child's life enough to know if they are having unprotected sex or sex at all, then I say she should be able to get an abortion as her own personal choice of what to do with her body.Why would you force her to carry and have a child she doesn't want?

It isn't my choice or idea of ideal birth control,so I say get involved in your kid's lives, know what they are doing, talk, communicate and help them get safe birth control if they are having sex.They are going to do it with or without your consent and approval.Help them be responsible. If you think that they won't have sex just because you tell them not to, you are sadly mistaken.

Would you allow your mother to tell you, you couldn't have children or use birth control or control any other aspect in your life? Time to wake up! This question is just another ridiculous way of getting everyone all riled up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I'm Pro-choice just not my choice ! I believe that women and teenage girls should have the right to choose so long as they are fully informed. No one is prepared to handle the emotioinal roller coaster of an abortion no matter what their age. It doesn't mean we should take the choice away from them!

I'd want to know and I'd be livid if I found out it was something they did behind my back. I hope that as my son grows older that I will have a relationship where he can come to me about anything ! I feel like if I had a daughter and she kept it a secret I'd be more hurt then angry because this isn't something someone should do alone.

I am a firm believer in "to each their own" everyone has the right to make their own choices and decisions whether I agree with it or not. When you love someone you support them regardless of your beliefs because a girl will always need her mother in tough times.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 12:22 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• What is your opinion on ABORTION? Anti-abortion/pro-choice

Do you think that you should be notified if your daughter was trying to have one?Yes because I don't want her doing it alone

Depends on her maturity

Would she be able to handle the emotional aspect after the fact? Again Depends

Would you allow your teenage daughter to have and abortion if she talked to you about it? Yes, I would give her the other options but it's her body and I wont force her to have a baby

mommy_of_two388