Sewing machine?

I need to buy a new sewing machine. I want one with auto tension and bobbin tension. I am not tech savvy so I need some brand that is easy to learn to use. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I love my Pfaff, but it is older, without auto tension. I had a friend who, for some reason, could not thread a Pfaff to save her life. She had a Janome and loved it. Anyone I know who put the money into a Bernina has not been disappointed. I am looking into an inexpensive Janome for my basic stitching and zig zaging.

I would google a couple of sewing machine retailers in your area and go test drive them. You will know which one when you try it.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:17 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My Pfaff of 25 plus years just died and I have to replace it. I was thinking of buying another Pfaff because the quality is so good and they are easy to learn on. I would want to get a machine that I could download images from my laptop to the machine for embroidery stitches.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• viking is a good brand too...if you get it from joanns fabrics it comes with a warranty and they will even help you set it up or fix it for free for the first 2 years i think.
    xXaggravatedXx

Answer by xXaggravatedXx at 12:27 PM on Aug. 29, 2010