Tips for functioning during heartbreak...

I found out last night, my husband has been texting a girl he met on who knows what website, sending naked pictures between each other for the past week with plans to meet up for sex. And another girl he wanted to meet with but she lost interest when she found out his age.
I am heart broken, I didn't sleep last night. I wrote him a letter, put it in his car and acted like everything was normal this morning. He has not called me.
I told him in the letter I want to separate, both of us need to think over the next week or so, no contact. But he is free to call our daughter anytime he wants.
I am a zombie today from the lack of sleep and everything on my mind. I have let my toddler daughter sit in front of the TV all day and I just can't do anything but sit and try not to cry in front of her.
How do I cope? Any tips? Advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Omg gosh girl i'm so sorry, the way i handle that kinda stuff is for one gotta be strong for your angel, she needs her mommy right now more than anything. And just cry let it out it helps not to hold it in! and just follow your heart your a strong person! and he is stupid for doing that! Its his lose not yours Be strong girl
    zackarysmommy

Answer by zackarysmommy at 12:22 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Push past it ! I know that heart break to this extent is hard to just not think about, but it's not going to do you any good to let yourself fall into depression. It will only hurt you and your daughter.

Go to your family, pick up a hobby delve into work etc etc. Do something to stay busy and keep your mind occupied. The worst things we can do when something hurts us is sit and dwell on it. Get up and do something. Don't let yourself be a victim. Remind yourself that someone who is that scummy is not needed nor wanted by you. Instead of wasting your heart ache on him celebrate the chance to get to start a new and better life without someone as sad and pathetic as a cheater in it.

It's not you who will be miserable forever! It is the poor sap who can not be faithful. This isn't the end of your life it's just a bump in the road.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 12:25 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• It is hard to function in your situation. you just have to " suck it up" and drive on. Make yourself do things you normally do. What you should be thinking about is, is this bad enough to divorce over or are you going to forgive him for it and stay with him. To me separating is only going to (in his mind ) let him go see these other women freely. My DH and I where talking about friend and his wife once. They separated and he went out and started seeing this other women. His wife got mad. My DH said most guys believe that if you are separated you can mess around. I think you should go tell your DH you do not want to separate. You want to stay together and work it out.

Answer by louise2 at 12:30 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• SORRY FOR UR SITUATION BUT PLEASE DONT JUST SIT THERE AND DROWN UR SELF IN SOROW. DURING THE DAY WHILE UR AROUND UR BB GIRL HAVE FUN WITH HER SO U DNT HAVE TO THNK ABOUT UR PROBLEMS AS MUCH. SHE NEEDS U! NOW IF U WANT TO CRY DO SO BUT NOT AROUND HER. I THINK U NEED TO CALL HIM INSTEAD OF A LETTER SO HE CAN KNOW THIS IS AN IMPORTANCE TO U. IF U LOVE UR HUBBY N KNOW U CQN FORGIVE HIM N NOT BRING UP THIS SITUATION DURING OTHER ARGUMENTS THEN U REALLY SHOULD WRK IT OUT. I HE DOESNT HAVE LOVE FOR U ANYMORE THEN U NEED TO TELL HIM TO MAN UP N TELL U SO U ALL CAN MOVE ON. IF HE HAPPENDS TO WANNA STAY WITH U CHNG HIS NUMBER UNSUSCRIBE HIM FROM INTERNET U TIL HE CAN PROVE HIS LOVE,FAITHFULNESS N RESPECT FOR U AGAIN
    GUDMOMMY86

Answer by GUDMOMMY86 at 12:47 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I agree with the others about pushing forward. Whatever you do, TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. Wallowing in misery will only prolong your pain and make you feel worse about yourself. That being said, I wouldn't expect too much of yourself too soon...this is a major life-changing event and you may need some time to grieve and cry before picking up the pieces. But DO pick up the pieces--don't let this break you as a person.
    Something that I do that gets me through very tough times in my life is hard-core exercise. It has made me feel so strong and confident and better able to handle problems I go through. Plus it releases those handy-dandy little endorphins that are natural mood-boosters.
    I am very, very sorry that you are going through this and I hope you have people in your "real life" who can be there for you as well. Best to you and your daughter.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:47 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• You cant sit there and feel sorry for yourself!!! You didnt do anything wrong. Just spend time with your daughter and get those seperation papers ready. Dont think about him because hes not worth it
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 3:07 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• ((hugs))
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 4:46 PM on Aug. 29, 2010