what should I do?

Ive changed the way I dressed because my husband said I should be mindful of other men thoughts. If my shirt mistaken fail short of the cleavage, my skirt was slightly above the knees, or myclothing was too thin it is a problem. I dress this way when we were dating and nothing was said. He wont come with me if he disaproves my dressing.

ylonda

Asked by ylonda at 4:57 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• Are you serious? He seriously has rules for how you dress or he won't be seen in public with you? That is controlling behavior, and is a pretty big red flag in my book. If I were you, I would ust simply dress however the heck I wanted to, and if he didn't want to be seen with me, so be it. Tough sh!t for him. And if he fails to see the error in his ways, you may want to head to counseling, with or without him.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 5:01 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• WOW! While taking what your husband said into consideration, you should still be yourself. That is who he fell in love with, right?
    tarbsmommy

Answer by tarbsmommy at 5:01 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• you are old enough to get married. so you are old enough to decide what you want to wear. if he doesnt accept it, then why did he when he was dating you?!... I would never let my husband decide what i have to wear and what not. I ask him if it looks good on me, if he says "nah.. not really".. i take soemthing else... but if i want to wear a short skirt then i will wear it, no matter what my hubby says about it.

if you have a good looking cleavage, then your husband should be proud to be with you.. especially when other men will look at you ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• leave his butt at home then. he's controlling you, don't let him.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 5:46 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• If your not dressing with anything hanging out and jigging profusely in someone's face don't worry about what he says! If another man looks at you it's not your fault and he can't prevent it.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 6:01 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• here's some solutions.... safety pin the overlapping V neck shirts where your clevege wont show, buy skorts or get some tight short shorts to wear under the skirts.
    Anonymous

• I see another abusive relationship here.....I've been there, I want to say get out now, but I don't feel there's enough info for me to say that, but I will say pay attention, sometimes you excuse these "little' things and before you know it your in a full blown abusive relationship. Keep in mind the longer your in an abusive relationship the harder it is to leave.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 12:47 AM on Oct. 11, 2008