Green Beans... Mold? White Stuff?

I snapped open some green beans after I had already ate a few and there was white stuff around the inside of the pod all the way throughout the bean... what could that be and is it harmful to me or to my baby since I'm pregnant... is it mold or par to the bean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Food & Drink

• It's likely that it's just the membrane that lines the inside of the green bean. If it was mold, it wouldn't just be inside...how fresh are they? If they were old or beginning to rot, the outside skin would be wrinkled, discolored, etc. and have brown spots. Also any mold would be most likely to begin at the stem end, on the tip. Anything there? If nothing else is wrong besides the white in the middle, I wouldn't worry about it. Even if it was mold, it wouldn't likely be harmful in such a tiny amount.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 5:06 PM on Oct. 10, 2008