Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I go to the hospital?

I am 35 wks and for the last 2 nights have felt pressure and back ache. There are no contractions associated with this. Should I go in or wait until my dr. appt which is this thursday?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

Answers (11)
  • sounds like braxton hicks false contractions...wait till doc. appt unless it gets worse.

    Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:38 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

  • the best idea is to call your doctor. They should have an answering service, so you can get through today. They will let you know if they would like you to go to the hospital or they may be able to move your appointment to tomorrow!

    Answer by CJM_SHM at 12:40 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

  • Why go to the hospital?


    Answer by Gailll at 12:41 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

  • As long as you can still feel the baby moving and your not in pain I would wait until your appt.If it would make you feel better call your doctor and see what he/'she says.

    Answer by Sunflower722 at 12:42 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

  • Unless your water breaks or you are having contractions 3-5 mins apart the hospital will send you home. Just try to relax make sure the baby is active. I'm 35 weeks and having the same things, baby is just moving down most likely.

    Answer by sunshine58103 at 12:46 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

  • At that stage pressure is completely normal......the babies head is most likely dropping down into your pelvis. As for the back pain....also normal. Do you know if the babies head is facing up instead of down? If so then it's most likely the head rubbing against your spine (completely normal). If not then it could just be from the pressure of the baby pushing down. I would just wait till you see your doctor, what you are feeling is normal and as long as you are still feeling your baby move then most likely nothing is wrong.

    Answer by colethky at 12:46 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

  • call your doctor and ask them what they think

    Answer by beyondhopes at 12:47 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

  • I would wait until the appointment. If it makes you feel better, you can call the office. Most have after hours answering and you can talk to ta doctor.

    Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:49 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

  • Call your Doctor. Do not waist time going to the ER .

    Answer by louise2 at 12:49 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

  • I would wait. If you arent having contractions they wont do anything but send you home and tell you to check in with your regular doc. It wouldnt hurt to put a call in to your doc if you are worried :) Good luck?!

    Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:12 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.