I said on a previous post that he was stingy....

I have a four month old son and no job. So the father gives me money, but heres the thing. He gets bitchy and asks me for lunch money(like I have my own money, hello!!) if I don't make him lunch and its not like he's crazy busy, so you know what? I'm getting a job!! I need my own money, I have say over my money and if someone asks for it, I can say NO!! Its not to be stingy, he gives me money and takes it away. As for daycare, I plan to apply for daycare assistance and pay a percentage of it. I'm done with this crap.

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Money & Work

• having your own money is empowering! :) I totally feel that no woman should be 100% Dependant on her husband! with that said, I don't think money should really be "mine & yours" A marriage is a union so the money should be mutual too.

I'm a housewife now and live with my mother, husband, and my 2 kids. ALL of the money goes into 1 bank account. My mother's, hubby's, and the little bit I make on the internet with my stuff I do. It's working well for us.
    Anonymous

• good for you, no woman needs to depend on a man. you will feel so good about yourself.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 6:42 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• It sounds like he is using money as a weapon, and you will definitely feel better about having your own income. My SO is great at managing money, but wants to save everything! Believe me I would much rather have him be a tight wad than blowing money everywhere, but damn. I have to have my own income if I ever want another pair of shoes or even just to go out to lunch. He would never tell me I couldn't have money for things we really needed (bills, etc), and he doesn't do things for himself either, but me having my own income is great.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:45 PM on Oct. 10, 2008