is this normal??

my friend is about to be 20 weeks in a day. she feels the baby kick sometimes but not all the time. is that normal until she gets further along? this is her first baby.

mauricellaf

Asked by mauricellaf at 12:51 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It will get more frequent, you can bet on that! I started feeling movment around 18 weeks with my first child, it wasn't all the time or everyday until I got to be about 24 weeks, then i could feel it pretty much every night (or whenever I became still or ate). But let me tell you... when she getts to be about 30 - 40 weeks, somewhere in between she'll start to notice that the movement is NOT so frequent anymore - because as the baby grows there is less room each day to move around in. If this is her first pregnancy there's going to be lots of little surprises just like this! ;o) Wish her the best!!!
    numommyto1

Answer by numommyto1 at 2:03 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Sounds about when I first started feeling movement. At first, it's not a constant thing like it is further along. It's easily mistaken for gas at first, kind of a fluttering feeling. I only felt her move and kick a couple of times a day until I was around 6 months along when she started her kickboxing training :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:53 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Yep......the baby has to be in a certain position for you to feel it move when it's that small.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 12:55 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Yep normal. Usually with the first pregnancy it will take up to 22 weeks to feel movement. It also depends on how she is carrying.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 12:56 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Totally normal. I started feeling my son at about 16 weeks and it was only like once maybe twice a day until further along.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:11 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• lol how cute!!
    mauricellaf

Comment by mauricellaf (original poster) at 12:55 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• totally normal. It'll really kick in by 30 weeks. REALLY KICK IN! Just wait til she's beggin the baby to remove their foot from her rib cage.....
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 7:19 PM on Aug. 29, 2010