Speaking of Gay rights

This isn't really political but more of a cultural thing. Out of the guys you know, do the men of your race seem to be extremely homophobic?
It has been my experience that more of the men I know that are black are extremely homophobic for fear of being accused of being on the "down low" the black guys I do know that aren't extreme with it seem to have dabbled here and there. Now I do know a few white and hispanic guys that are on the extreme side as well but not as much as black men. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm white, the straight white men I know aren't really homophobic. I do know a couple but they are the ones most people ask if they are gay, so I think it's just their insecurity in them selves that make them so extremely homophobic, personally I agree that they are in the closet and should just come out :)

Anonymous

• I AGREE WITH THE PRIOR ANSWER!

Answer by older at 5:17 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I dont know any men that are like super homophobic but I know a few that dont like gays but they are not spewing hate speech and stuff like that.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• unfortunally all the men/guys/boys i have known are homophobic, i think its sad. i accept people for who they are not what they are, oh and how come men are okay with lesbians but not gay men?
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 6:40 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• My husband and his friends are so far from homophobes - I tease them that they really are gay men pretending to be straight.
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 10:07 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• None of the men in my life are homophobes. I'm so lucky! I have five fantastically fabulous flamboyantly gay friends, and I love them dearly. My husband is especially wonderful about it! I will admit, both of my brothers - older than me - will say, "I have no problem with gays so long as they don't hit on me," but I know they're 110% comfortable with gays. It's just their egos talking.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 10:22 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• ii hate it and im glad every guy i know hates it too its just gross
    Anonymous

• Anon 1:17 pm --this isn't to be a smart a** or anything. Hate is such a strong word. Why do you hate it so? Is it affecting your life or anything about you? I don't really understand it but I don't hate it. I personally love me some men! LOL

I believe everyone has a right to do what will make them happy. In the end, I can only account for me and my child until she is of age to account for herself. Hate takes a lot of energy, why waste it on something you have no control over?
    Whoistheboss

Answer by Whoistheboss at 9:21 PM on Oct. 16, 2008