what about mormons do you find hard to accept?

don't say cause we worship joseph smith cause that is not true...i'm just curious! if you could have your questions answered by missionaries would you do this and if not why? i hear a lot of weird stuff and wonder where people come up with it and sometimes i think they misunderstood the message to them in the first place. sometimes i think they say they heard it from an ex member but since they 're ex's doesn't mean that they are not bitter & purposely bashing the church cause they were excommunicated. before you answer do you know for a fact that what your answer is, is actually truth or just what you heard. you would only know if it's fact if you were an active member before. my point being maybe people should find out for themselves what the facts are not through others. also i would let god tell me what the truth is.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 5:14 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• Anon #1 - you could same thing with the Bible. It has been edited and reedited so many times. Come on the KING James Version. How do you feel about the two versions of creation in the bible? Or the many many books that have been taken out because they contain magic? Most religions are rippled with scandals, lies, and deceit.

Melody - I completely agree with you! I was not raised Mormon but have many family members who are. When I moved to Denver I had so many people make comments that were so untrue (they assumed I was Mormon because I was from Utah). I think because it is such a new religion they are many misconceptions.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 5:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I don't have an issue with they average Mormon, I do have issues with the polygamist ones out in the Midwest though.
    Anonymous

• Hi we both live in the east valley. Since moving here I have come to know quite a few mormons. My first question to you would be how long have you been a mormon?

JenNAY3

Answer by JenNAY3 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Their history is shrouded in lies and deception. The typical mormon doesnt even know it because they dont delve into the church history like they could or should. They stick to the surface level stuff that the leaders teach or tell them about and thats that.

If you delve into the archives that the leaders dont tell you about but exist you will find many untruths that laid the foundation of the church.

Like there are several first vision stories, the last one...the official one was done AFTER J.S death. He was a free mason and many of the temple ceremony was taken from them. J.S. was a treasure seeker and was also known to have taken money from many people in various states and THAT is why they were run out.

Cont'd...

Anonymous

• I could go on but you wont believe me. You are too far in the box to even attempt to comprehend or care too. You will dismiss this as lies and bitterness.

But you asked a question so there you are. Those are some of the reasons I left the church. Not out of bitterness or anger, just sadness that the whole truth couldnt be shared and THEN let members make their choices.
    Anonymous

• OK anon#2
    what makes you say it's lies? Is that because it's not what you believe?

Anonymous

• I don't have a problem with mormons. I believe they're sincere in their beliefs, even if I don't agree with them, same as Jehovah's Witnesses. What I DO have a problem with is everyone (well, that's an exaggeration) shoving it down my throat when I tell them I already believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and have Him as my Saviour. Most try to convert me to Mormonism when I have no interest in converting. I'm happy with what I believe.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 5:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Because its whats recorded in various history books(church ones). Including ones by his own mom.
    Go look around, I dont have the names of them on me.

Oh not to mention the whole DNA thing. Like it or not it shows the falseness of the BoM. Argue all you want but that wont change scientific facts.

Anonymous

• haha if you stick to scientific fact, there would be no religion!!! LMAO!!!

religion is about FAITH not scientific fact!
    Anonymous

• ok personally i look outside of those kind of issues! I have friends that are mormons and we just don't talk about religion! i don't talk about mine and they don't talk about theirs! i don't like to get into religious talk because 1)i will never judge anyone by their religion 2)that is something that should be taken into consideration...i don't like to have to defend my beliefs so why should anyone else? 3) just don't try to tell me im a bad person for believing in what i believe in... For example....
    im not gonna say i don't believe in pologamy (spelling?) BUT i don't practice it...If that is the way someone was raised and KNEW no other way...then so be it! UNLESS they want out,, then help them out of that lifestyle!
    Jalisasmommy

Answer by Jalisasmommy at 5:46 PM on Oct. 10, 2008